Language Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Language Assistant Interview Questions

Language assistant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you plan a class to introduce kids to the ABCs?

1 Answer

Best to add your own spin, but work the answer for the level you want to teach. Songs/dance/colorful pictures for elementary; worksheets, puzzles, han games for JHS.

Why do you want to work for us?

1 Answer

What do you think the relation between Japan and the U.S. is?

1 Answer

How many characters do you know in Japanese?

Prepare a sample lesson.

1 Answer

I was so extremely nervous that I know I don't remember some of the questions, but here are some of the ones I do remember: Tell us about your interest in Japan/JET.

1 Answer

Would I be willing to work with elementary school students--and, if so, would I be willing to sing, dance, etc. to warm them up to the English language?

1 Answer

I listed in my application that I could speak Japanese, and was asked one question in Japanese. It was ludicrously easy: What have you done today?

1 Answer

Which American holiday would you choose to demonstrate a lesson for Japanese students?

2 Answers

There was one member of my interview panel who seemed like he wanted to get me flustered. I learned afterwards that many interviewees have that experience. The question I was asked that got me the most flustered was "We see that you have a lot of teaching experience. Why do you think you would be qualified for the CIR position?"

110 of 95 Interview Questions