Systems Engineer Interview Questions in Laurel, MD | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Systems Engineer

Systems Engineer Interview Questions in Laurel, MD

Systems engineers work closely with systems analysts to maintain a company's IT system by developing the operating systems that run computers. Expect to be quizzed on a variety of technical questions that will test your knowledge of how computer systems work. Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor's degree in an engineering field and previous experience with technology.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Mostly questions about my previous experience and the sort of work I would be comfortable with. They asked if I had experience with writing scripts for FPGA (in addition to the responsibilities of the position I was interviewing for).

1 Answer

I answered honestly (which was a "no," for writing scripts) and with enthusiasm. I was able to connect with each interviewer on either a hobby or education institute in common.

What approach would you take to quantify the performance of algorithms, software and hardware for enterprise-scale information systems?

No difficult questions. My experience directly related to the position so it was more "tell us about your experience with XYZ."

mostly talk about my resume and their project and everyone asked why do you want to work for APL?