Lead Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lead Design Engineer Interview Questions

Lead design engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Most of the technical questions focused on power supply design. For this position this is a one of the more difficult tasks so they want to know how switching regulators work and different trade offs involved.

5 Answers

can you please post the questions?

Number of different questions regarding power supplies such as: Describe how buck regulator works? What effects efficiency? Describe effect on output when step response on load occurs.

Buck regulator is easy to design. A switch, a diode and an inductor with bypass/decoupling capacitors at input and output Efficiency = load power/ total power Effect of step on output will be overshoot, ripples, before it settle down to actual voltage level. What were your answers? Was there any other questions asked regarding digital design?

ASked about my skills and talents.

1 Answer

technical question on your resume

1 Answer

general technical questions they worked on and correlated with your resume

1 Answer

They asked about past projects and questions about designing consumer electronics.

1 Answer

The interview questions covered Perl, UVM, System Verilog, basic knowledge of computer architecture. The interviewers also asked in detail about my current job and responsibilites.

CPU Design questions. Starting from Instruction fetch to Load-store

What is the main pin you care about on a FPGA? Show a design that you created from scratch with all ties and explain what the circuit does. What is the most complex digital board you have created? What chip are you most familiar with designing?

What is the first pin you program on any FPGA? What's a Design you have worked on and lay it out. (I had to say all my stuff is classified and they didn't like that answer) Here is a circuit, tell me how you will do analysis?

110 of 10 Interview Questions