Lead hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for lead hostess

Lead hostess Interview Questions

lead hostess interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time you had to address an angry customer. What was the problem and how did you resolve it?

1 Answer

I described a time at a previous job when I was a waitress at the pool restaurant in the order of the STAR response they would expect, of course without saying "situation, task, action, result". Situation : A guest had sat themselves on the patio at our restaurant and nobody had taken their order and was very upset. Task: I was responsible for taking a few specific tables inside to help the restaurant since I was a pool server at the time and the managers didn't want to overwhelm me. The guest had come inside very upset and stopped me to let me know that nobody would stop by the table to take their order. Action: After apologizing to the guest and explaining that I would find someone to take the order nobody had, I was approached again by the guest who was even more upset. Once again I apologized and I decided to take the guests order although it wasn't my specific section. I made sure to tell the kitchen that the order needed to be made quickly and I delivered the food to the guest. The food came out and to emphasize to the guest that I was truly sorry for the lack of service I made sure to add complimentary dessert with the meal. Results: By taking initiative I had a successful guest recovery, they ended up being very pleased that someone took time to address their concern and make it a priority to fix. They explained that they had a long day and they were hungry, wanted to feed their kids and appreciated the added desserts that they didn't as for as well as expressed understanding that it was a very busy night in the restaurant, and they would come back to the restaurant again.

Why do you want to work here? What do you think you can bring to the table?

12 of 2 Interview Questions