Lead Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lead Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Lead sales engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are on a sales call and I'm a potential customer. Why should I buy Microsoft Azure services instead of CenturyLink's services?

1 Answer

I don't think you should buy Azure instead of CenturyLink. I really like Microsoft a lot, and with Azure you can get a cloud version of almost any Microsoft product available. I think their self service portal is changing so much and so often, that it may be too difficult to manage right now.

How would you size a VMware private cloud server for a customer?

1 Answer

Could you describe the solution engineer? What is this job exactly?

Throughout the process I was asked about domain experience, technical questions, presentation style questions and many other questions related to the the day to day role of sales engineering.

1 Answer

Technical questions on IC design and verification, scripting Questions on resume and experience General questions on why are you interested in the role and company

Very deep industry questions.

1 Answer

What are some of the challenges you think you will face in this role.

The interview focus was less on technical aptitude and more on business experience and sales approach, as well as willingness and interest in learning. SF values creativity and malleability more than deep technical knowledge.

Do you ask for help when you need it?

2 Answers