Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Lead Teacher

Lead Teacher Interview Questions

"Lead teachers are hired for their outstanding teaching and leadership skills which connect administrators, parents, and other teachers. In an interview context, employers focus on ""what-if"" scenarios that you may encounter on a day-to-day basis. Think about the different ways you address a difficult parent versus a difficult child. To ace your interview, show that you are passionate about childcare by describing how your prior experiences reflect upon why you love working with children."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your observation technique?

1 Answer

I take short hand notes through out the day and compile them during the children's nap.

What I enjoy most about teaching?

1 Answer

How do you deal with difficult parents?

1 Answer

What would you do if a child misbehaves?

2 Answers

How would you handle a child biting another child?

1 Answer

How would you handle a "biting situation" in the toddler room?

1 Answer

How many cans of paint would you need to paint one wing of a 747?

10 Answers

The Director did voice concerns about my "youthful" appearance and reserved/soft spoken manner (Which was all true). At the time (year before last), I was a 21-year old college student, but she commented that I look much younger and stated that in the past, very young and soft-spoken teachers have had trouble commanding respect from the older students in this age group. She made me aware of the challenges in the school-age classroom. " How would I handle disrespect from students or deal with school-age children that did not respect me as an adult? Or be able to manage my classroom and keep their attention without yelling?" Many of the students were in fact, my height and size.

1 Answer

Really none if you are prepared

1 Answer

what will you do when a child is biting?.

2 Answers