Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lead Teacher Interview Questions

"Lead teachers are hired for their outstanding teaching and leadership skills which connect administrators, parents, and other teachers. In an interview context, employers focus on ""what-if"" scenarios that you may encounter on a day-to-day basis. Think about the different ways you address a difficult parent versus a difficult child. To ace your interview, show that you are passionate about childcare by describing how your prior experiences reflect upon why you love working with children."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What I enjoy most about teaching?

1 Answer

I enjoy the excitement when each child learns a new skill and they are happy/excited about that skill. The joy on their face that they accomplished something new.

What is your observation technique?

1 Answer

What would you do if a child misbehaves?

2 Answers

How do you deal with difficult parents?

1 Answer

How would you handle a child biting another child?

1 Answer

How would you handle a "biting situation" in the toddler room?

1 Answer

"There was a student picking her nails during the discussion and you didn't stop her. Why?"

1 Answer

The Director did voice concerns about my "youthful" appearance and reserved/soft spoken manner (Which was all true). At the time (year before last), I was a 21-year old college student, but she commented that I look much younger and stated that in the past, very young and soft-spoken teachers have had trouble commanding respect from the older students in this age group. She made me aware of the challenges in the school-age classroom. " How would I handle disrespect from students or deal with school-age children that did not respect me as an adult? Or be able to manage my classroom and keep their attention without yelling?" Many of the students were in fact, my height and size.

1 Answer

What brings you to North Carolina?

1 Answer

There were no questions I had difficulty answering, but the one question I always get caught up on is what my biggest weakness is.

110 of 324 Interview Questions