Legal Secretary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Legal Secretary Interview Questions

"As a legal secretary, your interpersonal and organizational skills will enhance the experience for both the attorney and client. During an interview, expect to be asked about what you believe makes an effective secretary, how you work alongside others, and any of your previous legal duties. Think about how you would go about handling difficult people or prioritize projects when faced with tight deadlines. To leave an impression, bring a positive attitude to show that you can bring excellent customer service to the work environment."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Give an example of a time when you gave great customer service.

1 Answer

Be specific. I was a litigation paralegal before, so my "customer service" was handling needy clients. I picked one I recalled that needed extra hand holding and that I made myself available for as I felt like I gave her what she needed.

what do you think the most important characteristic of a successful secretary is?

1 Answer

What would you do if 2 attorneys asked for different tasks, at the same time and both had the same filing deadline?

1 Answer

They asked if I would be willing to answer the telephone for people that I did not work for. Port Authority will not hire a receptionist. They also will not install voice mail. If someone calls and you are not at your desk, the call is lost. If you answer the phone for an attorney on the other side of the building, how can you tell if they are there or not?

1 Answer

How would you deal with a difficult person.

1 Answer

No questions, no testing, no anything. If she likes you, you're in; if not, you're not.

1 Answer

What can we do to keep you, since you have not been at your current employer for more than 1 year?

1 Answer

I was asked to "sell" an ink pen to one of the owners.

1 Answer

The usual questions that you expect in regards to what you do, how would you handle a certain situation.

110 of 240 Interview Questions