Library Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Library Assistant Interview Questions

"Libraries are looking for enthusiastic individuals with strong organizational skills to join their support staff. When interviewing for a position as a librarian assistant, it is helpful to be familiar with cataloging and shelving systems. Past administrative experience and knowledge of relevant technology is always a plus."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

There were no unexpected or difficult questions. All were pretty straight forward.

What was the most difficult decision you had to make in the last two years and how you went about making it. Why do you want this job, and how will it help you achieve your goals for the next three years? How comfortable are you with Word, Excel, email, and other basic computer skills?

Rate yourself from 1-5 on the following qualities and give an example of each. 1. Attention to detail. 2. Decisiveness. 3. Ability to give directions to others. 4. Working under pressure. 5. Dealing with angry patrons or customers.

I was asked if I knew and understood the Dewy Decimal System and to demonstrate how I would file certain materials

1 Answer