Linux Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Linux Engineer

Linux Engineer Interview Questions

Linux engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What do you stand for as a Man?

1 Answer

Whats is Stack overflow attack??...then he gave me a scenario where there was a open source code at a server and you have your piece of code at that server. You as a client are allowed to invoke a method which takes in a array as a parameter which is not checked for overflow validation. I had to induce a buffer overflow attack and make the method to pass control to my piece of code in the server.

1 Answer

When does the control passes from user mode to kernel mode in a Linux System?

1 Answer

will you make sure in C to not include a header file which you have already included??

1 Answer

In MVC pattern, where to fit communication with a server?

1 Answer

How do you find what remote hosts connect to a server on a specific port

1 Answer

You will need working knowledge of LAMP troubleshooting and general Unix commands. They use a lot of Tomcat so that may help to know about. "If a customer's website is down, walk me through the steps of finding out why." "What would you do if a VM was unresponsive to ping, but sister VM's were not?" I was also asked things such as, "What was a difficult customer interaction for you?" "What do you know about IPSoft?" "What do you know about the services we provide?" "Why do you think you're a good fit for this role?"

1 Answer

An application has just been updated. New functionality, for some reason is performing far more slowly than existing functionality. Why might this be?

1 Answer

Unix Scripting Experience followed by c++ basic concepts and few programs. They ask you about Unix Scripting followed by tool chain. Some complex c++ programs. Python. Kernel level driver experience. RTOS concepts.

1 Answer

How could you transfer chunks of files (>1TB) over network and how would you design a solution ?

1120 of 147 Interview Questions