Loan Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loan Counselor Interview Questions

Loan counselor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Tell me how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

1 Answer

Be as detailed as possible and speak clearly and slowly "Take a jar of peanut butter, you'll need to decide if you are using creamy or crunchy, a jar of jelly-and again you'll need to choose the flavor you wish to use-2 slices of bread (again, you'll need to decide white, wheat, rye, etc.) a knife, and a plate and put them on the counter with a cutting board. Put your bread side by side on the cutting board. Open the peanut butter jar, and using the knife, dip it in and get some peanut butter on it. You will then spread this across the face of one of the slices of bread. When finished proceed to open the jelly....." and so on. Just be extremely detailed b/c it is checking to see if you can speak about federal student loans to the general public that will not have the insider knowledge that employees would have.

A customer gives you a reason for why they cannot pay (i.e., they are ill, they are on a fixed income, they had a tragic death in the family). How do you respond?

1 Answer

If money wasn't an issue, what would you do?

1 Answer

What can you tell me about Nationstar Mortgage?

1 Answer

What about Nationstar makes you want to work here?

1 Answer

Unexpected question, 'What do you think your friends would say about you if we were to ask them?'

1 Answer

Mostly questions about problem solving, your experience dealing with displeased customers or clients, computer knowledge. I understood what the job was, but didn't get the full picture in the interview, only after training started - then I understood how the different parts of PHEAA fit together.

1 Answer

The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations

110 of 56 Interview Questions