London, England interview questions | Glassdoor

Interview questions in London, England

Bloomberg L.P. Interviews in London

www.bloomberg.com /  HQ: New York, NY

716 Interviews in London (of 4,124)

3.0 Average

PwC Interviews in London

www.pwc.com /  HQ: New York, NY

402 Interviews in London (of 6,605)

3.1 Average

Accenture Interviews in London

www.accenture.com /  HQ: Dublin

385 Interviews in London (of 8,830)

3.0 Average

Interview Questions in London

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

was asked this question today...you want buy a car at an auction whos price is uniformly distributed between 0-1000 if you bid more than the car you win it at the price you bid.if you bid less that the cars proce you dont win it but dont lose anything. you can sell the car for 1.5 time the value of which you bought it. what should you bid on the car to maximumise your profit?

11 Answers

i told the interviewer that the expected value is negitve so you should bid 0 to maximum your profit.(0 is greater that any negitive number) but the answer which i was guided towards wasE(X)= X-(X/2)*1.5 letting X = your bid so if you bid 500 E(x) = 500 - 250(1.5) = 125 pretty weird question if you ask me. comming up with a formula for expected value when i was orgionaly asked what would be my bid to maxiumise my profit. any1 have an thoughts? maybe this was obvious?

If you bid X then your expected gain is (X/2)*1.5 So (X/2)*1.5 - X should be your profit... I.E. negative expected value. Could it be the interview just wanted to see how you can mathematically back up your original statement?

yeah good point! that is most likely what he was testing. i suppose i just assumed it was obviously neg EV.

We consider numbers from 1 to 1 million. How many digits 2 are there??

10 Answers

You roll two die: What is the probability of rolling a 10 and an 11 before rolling a 7?

8 Answers

If I write down all of the numbers from 1 to 1,000,000 on a page, how many times do I write down the digit 2?

9 Answers

2nd Round: You have a deck of cards, 26 red, 26 black. These are turned over, and at any point you may stop and exclaim "The next card is red.". If the next card is red you win £10. What's the optimal strategy? Prove this is the optimal strategy.

6 Answers

write a function that returns the first unique element in an array

5 Answers

puzzle 9 balls, identical in appearance. 8 are of same weight. 1 is heavier. Identify this heavier ball by using a scale twice.

5 Answers

Write a function that takes the ordinal number of a column in a spreadsheet and returns the label of that column: i.e. 1 -> A 2 -> B, 26 -> Z, 27->AA

7 Answers

If there was a drawer in front of me containing 4 socks, either black or white, and I know that I have a 50% probability of pulling out two white socks in a row, then what is the probability of pulling out two black socks?

5 Answers

You have three doors, behind one there is a prize. You choose door A, after that I ll tell you that behind door B there is no prize, do yuo keep your choice or change it ?

7 Answers