Senior Project Manager Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Senior Project Manager Interview Questions in London, England

"When interviewing for a position as a senior project manager, you can expect to be asked not only about your skills and experience as a project manager but also about your ability to hire, place, and mentor other project managers, step in when when a troubled project needs to be turned around, and devise ways to continuously improve project management strategies. Prepare to answer questions about how you would resolve project issues of any size, incorporate the company's business needs into the decisions made in each project, and review projects to determine how you the company can improve from them."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Why Unilever? 2. Why have you applied online? 3. Worst Failure? 4. Under performing vendor, what did u do to turn it around?

2 Answers

1. Speak about the reason u want to join this company, if you've done your research and find a reason to be part of the organisation. 2. What made you think of applying not thru a consultant or HR firm but, prefer online... state ur reasons, frankly. 3. Firstly, clarify if they're looking for a personal or professional, or either, and then answer. Explain the failure, what have you done to overcome the situation, what is the status/disposition at the moment and learnings. 4. Explain the situatio nand how u handled it, if you have any exp. I've not faced a situation of this, so i've explained a similar situation, but not completely with vendors.

Where u given an offer? I had a similar interview process.

Some around number sequencing, which had no obvious pattern. I'm an A level maths grad (Along time ago albeit) and i could make some of the connections.

1 Answer

Tell me about three people who hate you?

Knowledge about telecommunications

tell me about yourself

1 Answer

Tell me about a time where you tried to understand a problem in your team and you had to go down several layers to solve it. How did you proceed? Which were the steps you took and which were the layers? Tell me about a time where you strongly disagreed with your manager. What was it about and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time where you felt like you needed to have a deeper level of know-how and expertise to do your job well. Tell me about a time where you took a big risk – what was the risk, the decision process and the outcome? These were my Writing Exercise Questions, of which I needed to pick one: 1. Most decisions are made with analysis, but some are judgment calls not susceptible to analysis due to time or information constraints. Please write about a judgment call you’ve made recently that couldn’t be analyzed. It can be a big or small one, but should focus on a business issue. What was the situation, the alternatives you considered and evaluated, and your decision making process? Be sure to explain why you chose the alternative you did relative to others considered. 2. What is the most inventive or innovative thing you’ve done? It doesn’t have to be something that’s patented. It could be a process change, product idea, a new metric or customer facing interface – something that was your idea. It cannot be anything your current or previous employer would deem confidential information. Please provide us with context to understand the invention/innovation. What problem were you seeking to solve? Why was it important? What was the result? Why or how did it make a difference and change things?

cultural fit, experience, scenarios around PM and stakeholder engagement.

1 Answer

How would you deal with a client who has a project with pre-existing designs which aren't technically feasible or user-friendly but they don't want to pay for a re-design?

What PM tools have you used? On what projects? How did you find them?

Competency based interview on project management skills but the style did not follow behavioural criterion based questions. So would not ask the questions "Give me an example when you did [X] and show how it might relate to [the business/subject area for the role.? Then followed by "What were the challenges you faced and how did you resolve them?" with final last question "Were you successful?"