Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in London, England

"Senior software engineers are the most experienced member of a software team and usually carry the most responsibility and authority of that team. Because of this, interviews will be designed to find candidates who have expert knowledge of the field and years of experience as a software engineer. Expect to be asked tough technical questions and to give examples of previous projects that you have worked on."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I completely froze on following question which could be useful in a function that reverses order of words. How would you move a chunk of memory in C++/C?

2 Answers

memmove function Interviewer was really trying to pull this one out of me, but I was just stumped. He was like: "you can copy it, or you can - what?" I had no clue, never heard of it. I think this one finally destroyed my chances.

i guess it can be moved by using pointer? Below is an answer on the stackoverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6118432/how-to-reverse-words-one-by-one-in-c-using-pointers-and-arrays

How will you prevent the code in finally block from executing? The question isn't a very fair one as a good programmer would not write the code in finally block that he/she doesn't want to execute

2 Answers

Write an algorithm to rotate a node of a binary tree.

Around asp.net and wcf

1 Answer

Could you please sign this NDA and not post the questions in Glassdoor?

1 Answer

All questions around multithreading.

1 Answer

The most difficult part was the accent. I had some problems with understanding the basic words like "synchronised".

1 Answer

What is the Cake design pattern?