Account Executive Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Account Executive Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are the type of clients you service and who are your top 5 accounts

1 Answer

I provided them a list of some of my accounts .. in the end I realized after talking with someone else, they were just trying to gather intel from me on MY current business

The interview questions were on the fly- it was obvious my resume was not even read prior to. Hard to understand the questions as they were not well thought out. The recruiter stressed the upcoming test had no wrong/right answers. This was a TRICK it was a math test that had right/wrong answers and requires you NOT use outside help. I was honest and did not. I tested the questions later and saw that if you Google each question the exact ones have been asked and answered already- hardly a coincidence. Glassdoor is fooling itself if they think everyone passes this test "on their own".( I later found out I did not "pass" and that it is needed in a sales position...huh???)!

1 Answer

Tell us about your background in PR.

Tell me about yourself?

1 Answer

How do you prospects for new business? How close deals?

1 Answer

None. Very straightforward. Considerate, helpful interviewers with positive vibe with exception of one very nasty middle management interviewer. She was very self-impressed. M was abrasive and made me really consider if I should take the job as she was full of red flags. Ultimately instinct was correct and I left because of her micro-managing, hierarchal approach. She is not an expert or qualified to manage a person with more than a years experience in this field. She has an MBA and feels it makes her more knowledgeable than a seasoned sales person with 6 years experience. A shame because everyone else is strong. One of those people you run from after trying every way to work with them but you realize they will never change or compromise.

1 Answer

How would I handle the volume expected in the role?

1 Answer

Why do you think you will excel at this job. (This is difficult, because they don't really tell you what the job actually is.)

Who I was.

1 Answer

Prepare a list of 25 potential clients.