Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Executives count on administrative assistants to keep busy schedules and company activities as clear and easy-to-navigate as possible. Expect questions about your organizational, time management, and communication skills. Many of these questions will be story-based, so come ready to explain a time when you successfully juggled multiple deadlines or were able to handle difficult customers at the front desk. Though these interviews focus primarily on soft skills, you may be asked to answer a question about your ability to use basic administrative software.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you worked with someone you didn't like? If so, how did you handle it?

1 Answer

Yes, I've worked with someone who I found difficult to like as a person, but, I chose to focus on the experience and skills that they brought to the group. We worked well after that.

What my work background was and why I was leaving my employer at the time.

1 Answer

What does your organization method consist of?

Problem-solving type questions

1 Answer

What are you looking for in a company?

1 Answer

I can't accurately recall - I'm sure we discussed work style and experience.

1 Answer

When I got there, I sat and waited in a conference room and could hear the interviewer singing loudly on the other side of the wall. When she finally came in, she just stated that I didn't have the training experience they were hoping to find for this specific position and wondered if I still wanted to interview. I said no because I already felt like I wasn't going to be seriously considered. She also blamed her staff for not understanding what they were hiring for before making the calls. She said she had already has a few interviews where it was apparent these people did not realize what the job entailed.

1 Answer

What were the challenges that you encountered in your work experiences and how did you handle them?

1 Answer

Do you have experience working in a clerical setting in a medical office?

1 Answer

What can you bring to the position?