Data analyst Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for data analyst

Data analyst Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Data analyst Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Every business collects data, and it's the job of the data analyst to analyze, interpret, and communicate that information in a way that will help drive company decisions. Employers will be looking for candidates with strong technical skills as well as a knack for conveying data in an easy to understand way. Expect a fair number of technical questions, which may include an analytical case study and a math brainteaser.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Basic phone interview asking about experience, why would be a good fit, etc. Then a technical challenge

4 Answers

Phone interview was simple. Technical challenge was very confusing: 1) No deadline to complete the task 2) Limited guidance on what exactly the question was 3) No guidance on how they wanted the answer presented As you can tell, I didn't pass the technical challenge, but still have zero clue why. The question is asking you to make a recommendation for something. I made a recommendation based on evidence in the data set. Yet somehow it only took them 2 hrs to review my work and say I didn't move to the next round. Zero explanation as to why I didn't advance (despite me asking twice). I thought I looked at all angles of the data and made a sound recommendation with sound evidence to support it. Clearly, I don't think the "Bird way". I'm sure the answer was easy if you ask for guidance or if they were to explain what they were thinking in their head.

Hey what did you recommend?

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What super-hero would you like to be.

1 Answer

What's COPPA? What's UUID/idfa/VAST tag? What's confidence interval? What's t-test? What is this SQL query doing? Give me an example that you promised to finish a task by a certain date but you failed to finish it on time.

Describe yourself.

Introduce yourself

1 Answer

There were a few questions on database design, product development, and some hypothetical what if questions on data analysis.

1 Answer

What are PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and how are they different?

sql

1 Answer

Describe the steps/process in your most recent analytics project.

1 Answer

How do you handle criticism.

110 of 211 Interview Questions