Operations Manager Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Operations Manager Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

"Employers want operations managers with the leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage daily operations, evaluate operational costs, and make personnel decisions. Be prepared to discuss your management style as well as your experience handling conflicts and motivating teams to meet deadlines. You should also be ready to answer operational questions such as how you would improve processes to cut costs. A bachelor's degree in management or a similar field of study is required, with a master's degree being ideal."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about yourself?

1 Answer

The key here is to reflect on experiences and competences and not how you grew up and the likes.

It was more of a conversation about expectations.

3 Answers

Give me an example when you came in contact or dealt with stakeholders.

1 Answer

Are you willing to relocate?

1 Answer

They asked what I would do in the case of a subordinate violating company ethics standards. But painted a picture off a very sympathetic employee so that it would appear to be a hard call.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you had to fire an employee for poor performance. How would you handle an employee who was tasked with a critical project, and not making significant progress? Have you ever promoted an employee, only to find out they were not right for the new position? What did you do? How much time do you think you need to assess the department before recommending changes? What are your top three priorities coming into the department, and how long would you expect to take to meet them?

1 Answer

Did you play any sports in High School? Were you any good? What is your dream car, and why? What do you like about living in this area? Tell me about your hobbies and interests, outside of work. Do you consider yourself a compassionate person?

1 Answer

Tell me how you would set up a shared folder. Explain the difference between folder permissions and share permissions. How would you troubleshoot a problem with an Executive's email if no one else was available? Can you configure a router? Can you configure a firewall? Have you worked with MPLS?

Critical thinking problems

1 Answer

Types about software, server and telecomunications in the company that I work for.