Pharmaceutical Sales Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

"When interviewing pharmaceutical sales representatives, employers are looking for candidates with expert sales skills accompanied by a strong knowledge of pharmacology. Expect to answer a mix of technical questions about the uses and effects of different drugs as well as sales questions how you would go about marketing them to doctors. Although not mandatory, receiving certification as a Certified National Pharmaceutical Representative (CNPR) will ensure you walk into interviews with a competitive pharmacological background."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a situation where a doctor cancels last second before a lunch and learn?

3 Answers

Would suggest using the budget on another high-performing office in the territory to make best use of budget and to influence the business that matters most.

One possible answer: "I have actually had that happen to me. Fortunately, the food had not yet been paid for. Since the staff had all been prepared to attend the lunch and learn, I arranged for me to still meet with the staff, just without the food. During the (now non-lunch) meeting, I was able to present to the staff the features and benefits of my products *as they related specifically to them in their daily dealings with their patients*... I made sure to emphasize the ways that, by prescribing my medication, the physician would be 1) helping the patient in XYZ way, and 2) allieviating some of the staff's on-the-job hassle XYZ way (through fewer call-backs, or as the case may be). The staff booked me for a follow-up lunch in a couple of weeks. During that follow-up lunch and learn, I was able to finally have the long-detail discussion that I had originally planned to have with the physician with the added benefits of having the staff on my side, echoing what they had experienced, in the past few weeks, as benefits of my products."

If staff is available and agrees to lunch and learn continue to feed the staff and present to them your product. Staff are the extra eyes and ears of the physician and are also important in pharm. Remember besides TV commercials, word of mouth is also powerful!

give and example of a time you failed and how you bounced back....

2 Answers

Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker at your level, or a supervisor? If so, how did you resolve it?

1 Answer

Standard Star format questions.

1 Answer

If you were an animal, what one would it be and what characteristics/features of that animal would made you the perfect candidate for this job?

1 Answer

Describe your most difficult physician.

Why Merck?

1 Answer

What is the one skill that you would want us to help you improve?

Described a time where in a difficult circumstances you had to build a rapport with a customer?

Tell me a time when you set a goal for yourself and what did you do to accomplish?