Sales Manager Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Manager

Sales Manager Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

"As a sales manager, it's your job to guide your team to success by setting appropriate quotas and goals, building sales plans, establishing training programs, and and developing sales strategies. Employers are looking for candidates who are skilled negotiators, planners, and leaders. In an interview, come ready to discuss your management style and how you've closed sales in the past. Excelling in sales is all about delivering superb customer service, so be prepared to offer a sales pitch on the spot or answer a scenario question about handling tough customers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If I was familiar with managing a large team and what was my management style.

1 Answer

I gave details on how I've managed large teams and my style leans toward moral, comadarie, listening and trying to build a successful team.

do you have past health related working experience ?

2 Answers

As you have never worked in a commission based position, how do you believe you will adjust.

1 Answer

What are you salary expectations?

1 Answer

Can you handle this job?

3 Answers

Tell me about your worst boss.

1 Answer

Wanted full business plan details; sales, suppliers, employees, P/L, market targets, demographics. No plan of their own was revealed. I inferred they were more on an information gathering mission, unless they found the perfect candidate for minimal money.

How can you take 5 straight F U's

1 Answer

The C-Level Executives were asking me questions for a Director of Sales for Northern California which was NOT the position I flew down to interview for. They completely had the wrong Job Req. and didn't know till the end. They shoved $40.00 in my hands and escorted me to the door to call a taxi to the airport. Talk about awestruck. They (The C-Levels) especially the CEO admitted their mistake, but only the CEO apologized to me. The other two C-Levels were too far above me to apologize. Makes one wonder that if they can't even get a Job Req right, How on earth can they put a solar system on a customers roof????? OH my....

How important is KPI's?