Teller Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Teller Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

"Employers hiring bank tellers are looking for candidates who can provide superb customer service regardless of stressful circumstances. Expect a lot of situational or role-play questions that will assess your ability to diffuse unsatisfied customers and handle money professionally. In addition, bank tellers must also be comfortable with counting and handling bills efficiently and accurately, so come prepared to answer a mental math counting teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you want to work at CitiBank and not another bank?

3 Answers

I had difficulty answering because I have no reason to want to work there over another bank. I just said I thought everyone there was very professional and it seemed like a good work environment.

Same here. But it's smart to be prepared ahead of time and do your research on the company. "Because Citibank is one of the best and most successful banks, serving over 160 countries, leading in services and product innovation. I'd love to be a part of this company because..." Something like that, I guess.

Citibank is a "global" bank so the possibilities are endless in terms of career advancement. That'll show them longevity and commitment which is what they look for, also incorporate you love for customer service (be bubbly) and sales. Keep WOW service in mind too, if you don't know what that is, look it up. Other than that, that's pretty much all they look for.

Have you even had a problem with a superior?

1 Answer

If a customer wanted 3 fifty dollar bills and the check being cashed was $737.37, how would you cash it?

3 Answers

How have you handled a problem in which you knew would arise.

1 Answer

How did you handle a difficult customer?

1 Answer

Was you cash drawer even short? If so, explain.

1 Answer

They asked what was the most challenging situation you previously had to deal with?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work at our banking institution?

1 Answer

What is your feeling towards being out of balance? (Referring to cash drawer)

1 Answer

How would your friends describe you?

2 Answers