Underwriter Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Underwriter

Underwriter Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

"Insurance companies depend on underwriters to review insurance applications and determine whether they qualify for acceptance. Employers are looking to hire candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills and experience with computer software. In an interview context, expect to answer technical questions such as evaluating risk as well as behavioral questions that will assess your ability to work on a team and resolve difficult problems. To test your quantitative skills, an interviewer may through in a brain teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

My current employee is moody. How are your emotional skills.

In control

Our current employee acts this way why X happens how would you handle this issue?

1 Answer

What are you looking for?

General mortgage underwriting questions

1 Answer

I was told that the company has a chain of command, and to enhance open collaboration and increase employee engagement they have skip level communication. I was asked "Would you have an issue with that approach?"

1 Answer

As the role I was interviewing was for the AVP of Underwriting , I was asked "Of the three critical job expectations; book, people, and agency management, how would you rank them based on your level of interest or enjoyment?"

1 Answer

How are your excel skills?

1 Answer

What are your aspirations?

1 Answer

As the role I was interviewing was for the AVP of Underwriting - Retail truck, I was asked "Of the three critical job expectations; book, people, and agency management, how would I rank them based on my level of interest or enjoyment?"

110 of 95 Interview Questions