Loss Prevention Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loss Prevention Interview Questions

"As a loss prevention associate, it's your job to keep an eye on customers and ensure that theft does not occur in your store. Employers are looking for candidates with strong customer service skills and a close attention to detail in order to detect any attempts of shoplifting. In an interview, you can expect a lot of situational questions that will test your ability to evaluate behavior, make difficult calls on the job, effectively interrogate suspects, and properly apprehend shoplifters."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if a store associate approached you and informed you that they just witnessed a customer conceal an expensive item into their coat pocket?

2 Answers

You let it go!! You cannot make an apprehension on the word of anybody else!

I would “kill the customer with kindness:” Give the customer my full attention and bog them down with customer service questions and repeatedly ask if there is anything I can do to help them. This often makes the thief nervous and can dissuade them from stealing. If it turns out the customer didn’t steal anything and the associate was wrong, this technique won’t have caused any harm to the customer or negatively influenced their experience.

Has there ever been a time where you witnessed a fellow employee find money on the ground and kept it for themselves rather than turning it in to lost and found or human resource? If so, please explain how you would approach the employee and ask them about the money.

1 Answer

Give the 5 steps prior to detaining a shoplifter.

2 Answers

The most difficult question asked was had I ever made a non productive stop, for every LP this is a difficult thing to talk about.

3 Answers

What I could bring to company.

1 Answer

What makes you a good fit for this company?

1 Answer

What makes you want to work for Kohl's?

1 Answer

What is your most important quality

1 Answer

Give an example of a weakness that you have?

1 Answer

Relax this is just a chat. Tell me about your time with your current employer.

110 of 589 Interview Questions