lululemon Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lululemon Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at lululemon

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Bait and switch! I applied for the assistant manager position and then got invited to the "group interview session." In order to prepare, I read thru some of the interview descriptions here on glass door and found them mostly to be negative - and now I know why! Pretty much all of the reviews said that they applied for the assistant manager, got asked to a group interview session, then after the interview session was told that the assistant manager position was filled and all they were hiring for was part time! I didn't want this to happen to me so I called in before the interview to verify the interview date and time. I also asked the store manager that I wanted to check and make sure the group interview was for the assistant manager position, which is what I applied for, and she said no! That position was filled! The group interview is for part time educators only! Talk about the ultimate bait and switch! This is one of the shaddiest and shittiest hiring practices I've ever seen or heard of. If a company is ok with this during hiring, what are they ok with doing once you're hired?

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I fell into the group interview trap. I applied online and received an invite for a group interview and thought it odd that they would interview that way for a management position, but I went anyway. I'm trying to move out of state, so I drove 4 hours for this interview, not having read the other review here yet. Once I got there, I started going through these and noticed the pattern, but I was already there so I figured I'd go anyway. I got there at 7 am, the only one not dressed in workout clothes, and sat through the "interview". There were absolutely no questions pertaining to sales or management at all. They actually told us to take out the retail aspect of the question and answer it that way. At this point, I knew what was going on and just stopped answering altogether. At the end, they told us they were looking for an educator and that they would get back to everyone in a few days.

I was not pleased at all to waste 2 days and all of that gas money to show that I was serious about moving when they weren't even serious about hiring. It is disrespectful to me that they would take someone at that high of an experience level (there was also another girl applying for the same position that has been in retail for 13 years) and try to downgrade them to a sales associate. Please keep that in mind if you apply for Keyholder or above and receive a group interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• How do you want to change the world?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite way to sweat?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied for the assistant manager position and was brought in to interview as an educator, though I was never informed that I was being considered for the educator role. When I addressed the confusion, they didn't respond to me for a week. Once they did, they told me they were not hiring assistant managers and decided not to move forward with me. Ultimately I felt the management staff was intimidated by me because they were young, inexperienced and unprofessional. Though I read about this dynamic in other reviews, I was still surprised to find the store was managed by under qualified, very young 20 somethings that didn't even practice yoga!

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Summit, NJ).

Interview

I applied for an Assistant Manager position at a local Lululemon store. The application took a long time to complete as I was very thorough and the questions asked were quite interesting and intriguing. I received an email to attend a group interview the following week. The interview was conducted on the floor and was very casual as was stated in the email. Many of the questions asked during the interview were the same questions asked on the application. The vibe was positive and talk of the Lululemon culture was exciting. The interview lasted approximately an hour. Prior to the interview ending we were told the only open positions were part time seasonal sales positions. This was extremely disappointing as I had spent much time filling out the application and sitting through the interview. I asked about this prior to leaving and was told that positions are always posted regardless if the store plans on filling them. I felt very mislead. I did not receive a call the following week.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked during the interview were similar to the questions asked on the application. They were in regard to goals, how we like to work out and of accomplishments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail to join them for a group interview for a asst manager position. When the interview started they said the position was for educators.. When the group interview ended i asked the store manager if this was also for assistant managers, because that is what i applied for and that is also what i was under the impression i was interviewing for and the store manager replied "well we like to hire you as educators first then we like to move you up." So i took a day off from work, for nothing. They are very misleading don't waste your time.

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at lululemon (Corte Madera, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was an internal candidate for the role and had one telephone interview with the Regional Manager. An in-person interview was not possible because the region I was interviewing for was out-of-country.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions during my Assistant Manager interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations centered around changes to salary based on whether or not the company would pay for my moving expenses.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

The first interview will be a group interview, and may involve going to a workout class, which can be intimidating for some. Some typical questions are, "Why lululemon?" "Tell me about a time you had a negative customer experience and how did you handle it?" "What are some of your 5 and 10 year goals?" "When was the last time you gave or received feedback, and how did you handle it?"

Interview Questions

• What is an area of opportunity for you, a.k.a. what are you working on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at lululemon (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Tricky tricky! They posted a opening for "Assistant Manager" and within the first 2 minutes of the interview told us "we're getting a new assistant from one of our nearby stores, yay!" Yay? So I used some PTO from my current job to waste my time to come here and sit through a silly group interview for a position your not even hiring for?! Thanks for waisting my time. Maybe a goal for Lululemon to set for themselves, would to be: stop being liars. I was hesitant to even go to this interview because I had read so many bad reviews about the ol' switcharoo - sad to say my suspicions were confirmed

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick, lots of examples used. Not to many questions about myself, all based around leadership and some role playing with the store manager to gage how I would handle situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldie, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Aldie, VA).

Interview

I only got a touch base a couple of days after I had applied. Was told that there were 15+ other applicants that had applied. Was told that I was gon’ get an interview time sometime towards the end of the week, but no one reached out to me. I never got a chance to get an interview.