lululemon Key Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lululemon Key Leader Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.5

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I was moving from another state and transferring from another store. I went through 3 interviews, 2 with store manager and 1 with a store manager of another location. Interviews were open-ended and insightful. They wanted to know about my history with the company and what my learnings were. It took a long time for them to get back to me, I had to reach out after a couple of weeks to get response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I got an email for a group interview in the store. We sat on yoga mats in a circle and just got to know each other a little. There were only 4 of us so we basically just took turns answering each question. I got a follow up email for a sweat date with both ASMs and another candidate. We went to a GREAT hot yoga class and just talked about our availability afterwards. Afterwards, I received another email to meet with the Store Manager near their location. She just asked a bit about my history, experience, and overall availability. At this last interview, they told me they were just hiring seasonal part time educators, even though at the group interview, they told me they were hiring for 1 full time position and 2 part time positions. I ended up receiving an offer, but since I wanted a full time position, I ended up going with another offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?   Answer Question
    • If your best friend were here, what are 2 things they love about you and 1 thing they would change about you?   Answer Question
    • What are your 3 best qualities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was confusing, it's a group interview, and everybody it's applying for different positions and they ask everybody for the same questions. Average they asked three questions and let every person answered it, at the end they leave 10 minutes for questions.
     They told me that they'll reach us back, but they never did.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about you that in your past job they will not miss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very fun and easy going. I had a one on one in a coffee shop and it was like I was meeting with a friend. Make sure you are focused on goals and be very up beat and friendly. This is a company all about positive vibes and self motivation. Make sure to talk about your intentions in the company, do you want this long term? They also want to know that you care about meeting financial goals in the company, they are huge on meeting daily goals and monthly goals (that's how you get paid more)

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite way to sweat?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

It's difficult to describe the process. The initial email I received after submitting my application online said I would be interviewing for Key Leader. However, THE NIGHT BEFORE said interview, I received an email from the girl who was interviewing me saying that "something had come up, could I interview the following day instead": I didn't think much of it at the time, but responded that I could absolutely interview the following day because I have dreamt of working for lulu for years and really embrace their culture. When I showed up to the group interview at 8am at the store I had applied for, much to my surprise, the position I was interviewing for was EDUCATOR and NOT KEY LEADER. Confusion aside, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I was the only candidate with any retail experience and thought I interviewed well. One strange thing I noticed was that the interviewer took zero notes and was the only employee present (how can one person be that accountable?). 30 minutes after the interview, I was gracious and sent a follow-up email to my interviewer thanking her for the opportunity and double-checking what position I was being considered for, Key Leader or Educator, or both. I received a rather abrasive email 48 hrs later from my interviewer (mind you at the group interview, we were told we would hear back either way if the company was interested and wanted to continue with the interviewing process...I heard NOTHING) my interviewers email said "We promote from within, Educators get promoted to KL." Cool. I felt mislead and like I had wasted my time. However, I absolutely would have accepted a position as Educator and worked my way up. I was never given the chance. 3 weeks later, (yes, 3) I finally received an email from corporate saying that they decided to go with another candidate for the Key Leader position. Key Leader? What?! I thought I was only being considered for Educator??!! So, all in all, my experience with lululemon was EXTREMELY unprofessional. I really feel something unethical occurred during the process and I feel mislead...starting with my interview date being switched less that 12 hours before the interview. I know I was an excellent candidate (I had previously worked as a Key Holder for Francesca's Collections for over a year, and was a collegiate swimmer) I truly embrace the culture and had the skills and education necessary for the position. Very disappointed. I will never step foot at the Oakbrook location again. Obviously they are looking for a very specific type of person and I didn't fit the mold.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ash, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Ash, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I have interviewed with Lululemon several times over the past few years and the experience always leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, love their clothing but the interviewing process is like pledging for a sorority. The seat you in a circle and swear "this is like, super casual" and proceed to have you try to sell yourself as to 'like why are you like, so Lulu?".

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite way to sweat is always a favorite, how do you deal with negative customer interaction, how do you handle feedback, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

After being hired as an educator, I was asked to apply for the key lead position. The interview was a one on one with the store manager, asking relevant questions to the job, followed by debriefing and phone call to inform of decision. There were no correct answers provided as to the hypothetical situations asked during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would it elevate our business by you being a key leader in our store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at lululemon (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Was recruited by a SM. Interview was with an ASM and she took the time to get to know me and our interview quickly turned into that of a conversation. She wanted to know my goals both short and long term for my career and personal life. We talked a lot about my resume and previous job experience- specific to management roles. Left feeling comfortable and confident!

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon in September 2015.

Interview

I read a lot of reviews from glassdoor so I thought I came prepared. The questions are similar from the online applications. There were three of us, 2 girls and 1 boy. We sat outside on yoga mats while the interviewer asked questions. We didn't do any activities/exercise so it only took 30 mins. They emailed back the same day and I wasn't picked. None of us wore any lululemon clothing but i have a feeling they picked the guy since the interviewer was really focused on him. Great experience. Different from the traditional interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Came in before store opened and interviewed with a manager at the store. It was supposed to be a group interview but 2 girls didn't show up so it was only me and one other girl.

Interview Questions

• What are your 1 and 5 year goals?   Answer Question
    • What is your communication style? / How do you react to feedback/How do you give feedback?   Answer Question
    • How have you inspired someone?   Answer Question
    • What are some strengths/What can you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • What do you like and know about the company? / Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question