lululemon Lululemon Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lululemon Lululemon Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at lululemon

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Very detailed online application. Was emailed to attend a group interview. Interview was held in store, in a circle, on yoga mats. Popcorn style questions. At the end of the interview we were told that they hold these once a month and aren't actually hiring anyone. I though that was disrespectful of everyone's time and did not expect that from the company. They were likely not supposed to tell us that. Great company, badly handled interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you are currently excited about working towards?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Lululemon Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon in July 2013.

Interview

I received an email about a week after I applied online to come in for a group interview. When I walked in the store, I could tell the employees were factoring in every little thing about me since many were coming up to me and asking if I practice yoga, what I like about the store, etc.

Next, the store manager said it would be awhile since we were waiting on one other person for the group interview. I ended up walking around the store for a bit, but then sat down on their couches for about 20 minutes. Finally the other guy showed up, and we were taken to a local tea shop to sit down and talk.

It felt a bit strange with just me, this other guy and the two lululemon employees. From what I read, I was expecting a larger group and to sit on yoga mats. Nope.

The two person group interview also made it difficult to balance who should answer when. You could tell the other guy was giving me this look like you go, or I'll go non-stop. Felt a bit strange to be honest.

The two girls interviewing us seemed really laid back and fun, but it almost seemed like they were checked out from the process. I noticed at times the store assistant manager was looking elsewhere or just didn't seem interested, which completely sucked since I was bringing a lot of energy and excitement into the interview.

Overall,. I left there thinking, "Wow, that was odd but I felt like I answered best I could" given the questions. For instance, I was asked the following:

-Why do you want to work at lululemon?
    -When has there been a time that you received negative feedback from a supervisor, and how did you handle that?
    -How do you like to sweat?
    -Name a time you had to teach someone something.
    -What is a goal you have for yourself this next year?
    -What questions do you have for us?

I really wanted to work for the company, but looking back at the interview I felt like the energy and excitement was being forced by the staff, and that it just didn't seem like they wanted to be there. Guess it is a blessing in disguise that I didn't get an invite back.

Advice: Go with your gut! Every store is so different from the other, and you want to get a feel for the staff- that's what they are doing with you! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to teach someone something that was difficult.   Answer Question

Lululemon Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I was contacted for my interview strictly through email. When given a few dates and times to choose from I replied back with my selection. A few days prior to the interview I received an email stating they are no longer looking to fill the position I was interested in. Common courtesy, pick up the phone a make a call. The whole process lacked a personal feel. It felt very systematic.

Lululemon Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

There was a group interview of maybe 10 potential candidates. I found the assistant manager interviewing to be very stand offish and insecure about candidates potentially being stronger than her. Overall a very interesting experience, I've never met someone so rude and insecure all in the same time

Interview Questions

• Why Lululemon? Favourite book your reading? Something that scares you?   Answer Question