lululemon Lululemon Educator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lululemon Lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Interviews at lululemon

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I went into a store initially and spoke with the assistant manager on duty. This was just because I knew they had a detailed online application process and I know from past experience sometimes my particular situation/resume doesn't come across well in these forums. They were very receptive and welcoming in store, they said they'd like to interview me, but to complete the online application process to comply with their company processes. I then got an email invitation to their next group interview. They hold them monthly. The group interview was a yoga class followed by group discussion. It was all quite relaxed. They are looking for people with personality and goals inline with their company values, so study their website!! This particular store also required availability for at least one weekend day.

Interview Questions

• What would your best friend say is your most annoying habit?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online and they called back right away. The interview was a difficult! & I didn't dress in yoga gear!!!!!!

Lululemon Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I applied online via the website. I then was emailed to ask to attend a group interview. I attended a group interview and was offered the job via phone approximately 9 days later. The hiring process was great and it was an interesting and new experience interviewing in a group setting. When they say to be comfortable, they mean it. You probably will be sitting on the floor. Talk about all of the different types of athletic things you like to do because often they're looking for all types of athletic types and if you say you're just into yoga that can box you in.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funds, unlimited access and no limits on anything for one day what would you do, where would you go and who would you take with you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating room on salary for an educator position. Don't ask for more money because people will hold it against you in the future even if they do give you more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online then went into the store the next day to check it out and let the manage know I applied. I was told to come in for a group interview with two assistant managers three days later. The group interview was interesting, and very laid back. I was emailed two days later for a personal interview for the following week with the manager. That was also a very laid back interview. I was email a couple days later that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate lululemon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

was emailed and asked to come to a casual interview which was In the floor and I was surrounded by teenagers in yoga clothing. Was passed on to the next interview which was at whole foods where I was with two fellow interviewee's which already had part time jobs, while I did not. Yet I was NOT to continue with the interview process. I think it was a personality "thing" I strongly feel the interviewer stereotyped me from the moment I walked in. I don't shop there and never will... ATHLETA FO LIFE!

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Going online is the only way to get into the system but I do recommend that you get involved with the store's community classes or run club if you'd like to stand out.

First step go online and fill out the position you want.

Second get involved with the classes or run club.

Third bring your resume into the store. This is after you put it in online and make good conversation about anything athletic with the manager so that they can remember you. (They are looking for people who will not only be good at helping guests in the store but also someone who will exercise out in the community...they will pay for you to exercise at least once a week as a benefit to working there.

Fourth you'll be asked to do a group interview. In these group interviews they usually ask you to prepare something that you can present... Something that you are "best in the world at". This can be anything from showing how to do a proper pushup, a proper golf swing, making guacamole etc. I would bring a prop or prepare something that shows you aren't just winging it.

Again be very positive.

You might be asked to have a few more 1x1 interviews with senior Key Leaders or Managers and maybe even asked to go on a "sweat date" with them where they will take you to a workout class and watch how friendly you are with the people you interact and see how you are at trying new classes.

After that they'll either hire you via phone call... they do call at least one reference and they also do background checks so make sure that whomever you put on the references is someone who thinks highly of you.

Interview Questions

• What gets you up in the morning?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The Store Manager will call you and let you know that they want to hire you. Then they will tell you what they'd like to start you at. It all depends on how well you did in the interview but they pay really well for retail with a base pay and commissions per day as well as per month. The commissions are not personal but come if the store is making their goals for the day/ month.

Lululemon Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I only got through the first interview. As soon as I got there I immediately started second guessing myself. DO NOT apply to this place unless you are a die hard fitness junkie. As someone that just does yoga, I was expecting to be fine since that is what the company is based around. They asked "how do you sweat? What is a goal that you would want to accomplish? Why lululemon? What is your creative outlet?

Interview Questions

• What's something that your passed management team have criticized you on and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The hiring process was easy, apply online, schedule interview. I was frustrated how tedious and in-depth the questions were online, yet had no follow through at the interview. They changed the date, time, and location last minute. This was the first job I didn't get after an interview and was upset to get simply an email rejection without feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you are trying to reach, how will you get there?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Im going to try to include so many tips in this one!

Process was easy peasy; applied for the job on the Tuesday was offered it on the Monday. Sell yourself on enthusiasm and just being yourself. I hadn't heard from management in 24 hours after applying online so I emailed my resume to the store manager as a follow up. I think that this was a good move as something tells me they were interested as soon as they realised I wasn't just applying for every job I found on the internet. I heard back within 10 minutes and got invited to a group interview the next day.

Firstly; I'm a trained nail tech so I'm very comfortable speaking in front of people and making chit chat. This is a MUST at the group interviews. There were about 20 of us and me and a nice male already knew we had the jobs before it was over because we actually knew how to speak to people. Its really relaxed so don't freak out, just pretend you're just all getting to know each other. They asked questions like "whats your favourite way to sweat?", "do you have a goal this year?" and other life style questions. No matter what the question is just speak up and have a chat.

Now, I am very into my yoga but when they went around the room to introduce ourselves I felt no need to proclaim "I'm like totally addicted to yoga" or "the crossfit box is my second home". When you say things like this its easily read as just sucking up to the company and totally false. Your time to talk about fitness will come. They asked what the most "creative thing" you've done was and so many girls just started talking about how they are wanting to sculpt there body, how they've created a yoga routine for themselves and one girl even just went on a random rant about how the most creative thing she's done was become the best fitness wear salesperson at her old job and how all the customers only came to her. PUH-LEASE listen to the question and answering it like a normal person!!!!

Next I was invited to the one on one interview where I treated it as a nail appointment, I just chatted to the manager about her kids and my kids and how I want to study nutrition one day. I was myself and I was rewarded with a job offer during the interview! Without talking about sales or my strengths/weaknesses or anything.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you have ever done?   1 Answer

Lululemon Educator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at lululemon in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online a month and a half prior to the interview. I called the store asking when they were reviewing apps and said mid October.mid october I went in person dressed in lulu on my way to yoga to introduce myself. Shortly after I received a group interview invite for the following sunday. Had to prepare a 2 min demo and introduce ourselves and answer a few other questions. There were 10 others. Lasted one hour. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Multiple part initial question introducing yourself , favorite way to sweat, why lulu and the demo.   Answer Question