lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Seasonal Educator

Create your profile to get personalized information

lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions

Interviews at lululemon

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at lululemon (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I attended two group interviews at two different stores, both for the same position within about a week of each other. We all sat in a circle on the floor and were asked three questions that we all took turns answering popcorn style. I have lead teams, both in sales and visual and to me, the questions that were asked would in no way indicate who would be a good candidate for the position. The only thing they could possibly indicate is which candidate knew the most about what the company wanted to hear, served more as a popularity contest, and because we were to attend the interview in athletic wear, the managers were able to take inventory on who was wearing the most lululemon. It is a massive waste of company time as well as those taking time out of their day to attend the interview. It's unfortunate because there are a lot of very talented people out there, who adore the company and hold common values, who would do an amazing job if only given a fair shot at proving it.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, the one that required more thought was "What advice was given to you that you feel elevated your performance in life?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Seasonal Educator Interview

Interview

Group interview, very casual popcorn style answering. They seemed to have a very specific type of person they were looking for

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The initial interview is a group interview with about 7-10 other applicants. Here the managers will as basic questions and ask for feedback, you might also be asked to share/teach the group something for 2 minutes.

The second interview is an interview with either the assistant manager or the store manager. They will ask you specific questions about your experience and how comfortable you are with the role. After the interview you'll be invited to a complimentary yoga class, which is great experience to build up a rapport with management.

If management feels like you are a good fit for that specific store they will call you to let you know you have the job

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite way to sweat?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Ontario, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online, emailed back for a group interview; group interview lasted about 1 hour; a manager and an educator were present. Interview was "popcorn" style; you didn't have to answer every question but I'd encourage you to. After the interview, I received an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Partner with someone beside you and learn more about them; then tell the group why they should be hired to work at lululemon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I spoke with an educator and manager in the store. They encouraged me to fill out an application on the website. A couple of weeks after it was submitted, I was invited to a group interview. I wore lululemon clothing for the interview, which was appropriate as we were sitting on yoga mats in the park for the interview. This lasted about 1 hour, and there 7 of us, plus 2 Lululemon staff members. Main questions included: 1) if you had $1 to spend in a dollar store, what would you buy, why? 2) What is one of your goals? 3) What is your favorite way to sweat? 4) Tell us about a goal that you have achieved. We had to fill out a questionnaire on our seasonal availability. They warned that if you have any holiday time planned, then the seasonal position is not the time to apply. A couple of days after the group interview, I was invited back for a large yoga class, lululemon employee panel discussion, and group interview. I wore lululemon again. The yoga class was fine, and pretty basic. Nothing too crazy for those that do not take a lot of yoga classes. The panel discussion was basically just 4 employees in different positions sharing their love for the company, culture, and yoga. For the group interview, they put us in about 7 groups of 8 applicants. We sat in a circle and two staff members sat with us for two questions, then they rotated two new staff members in, followed by a third set for the last two questions. Questions were generic- if you had unlimited financial resources for one day, what would you do? In a group project, what role do you play? What is your favorite way to sweat? What resonated with you in the panel discussion? What do you like best about lululemon? They had us full out that same availability questionnaire again. Two days later I received an email letting me know that I was not selected, but she reminded me at they end that they have free yoga every Sunday, and I thought that was very unprofessional in light of what that email was for. I responded for feedback, and she did not reply. Meanwhile, I received another email from the assistant manager letting me know that they would be in touch soon. Poor communication. I let her know that the store manager had already let me know, and since she had reached out, I asked if she could provide feedback. She did not respond either. This experience gave me a glimpse of the unprofessional nature of the management team, so it might have been a blessing in disguise to not be chosen.

Interview Questions

• See above for questions. Nothing was too difficult. Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Took about a week online. Met for a group interview. There were about 15 of us. Questions were related to your health and fitness lifestyle.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was 3 rounds. It started with a group interview. It was relatively informal as we sat around in a circle and answered questions. The questions were pretty easy. For example, "What is a goal you have for yourself this next year?" The second round was an individual sweat date at a local yoga studio. The third round was a group interview at the store. Again, it was relatively informal.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a time you had to give feedback and one where you had to receive feedback   Answer Question

Seasonal Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a park for a group interview. Wore Lululemon clothing borrowed from a friend. I was the first one to arrive, all others were late. Interesting questions like what do you do to sweat? What would your friends say about you. Left not sure how I did. Followed up with them then got a second interview. Another set of interesting questions - Why am I different than the typical person? Where do I like to shop and why? Did not feel great about it. Did not get a call - just a form letter telling me that they went with someone else. They never told me the pay or the discount offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a lot of fun that it almost didn't even feel like an interview. Dress comfy and casual because you will be sitting on yoga mats outside for the entire interview. Well, when I had the interview that's how it was. The managers were super friendly!

Interview Questions

• They definitely will ask why did you choose lulu?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was emailed the next day to come in for a group interview later that week. There were four of us sitting on a couch, and it was very casual. The two employees (one a manager) told us the history of the company and then had an "icebreaker" where they asked each of us to sell them on one piece of clothing we were wearing. I talked about the lulu shirt I had on, but another woman went into great detail about every single item of clothing she was wearing (all lulu) and how she owns so much lulu and had even sold her dad on it. They didn't stop her. They then asked 6 questions, of which they said we didn't need to answer every single one, but there were awkward silences when you didn't. Who would you take on a road trip and where would you go? Why lulu? How have you worked on your self-development recently? What was the best customer service experience you've had lately? They are looking for you to stand out from the crowd (in a positive way)- answer the questions first and be super confident and outgoing. If you made it to the next round, they take you on a "sweat date" and then a 1:1 interview. They did not discuss salary beyond saying there is a store commission on top of base, and they did inform us there were "blackout dates" between Dec-Jan that we could not ask for time off. Also were told we would have to work a certain number of hours to get the employee discount. Lulu recruiting, not the manager of the store, informed me that I did not make it to the next round, which I found very impersonal.