lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions

Interviews at lululemon

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Carlsbad, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I called and asked if they were hiring and I was added to the next group interview. I was in the group interview the next week with 14 other applicants. We sat outside on yoga mats and it was an extremely relaxed environment. It felt more as a conversation or get together than an interview. The two hiring employees asked about 4 questions popcorn style so anyone could chime in at any point. Then we presented our project to teach the group. About a week and a half later I was emailed to come to an individual interview with the manager and assistant manager. It was super relaxed and we sat outside. About 3 and a half weeks later I was emailed an offer and the hiring manager called me as well. From start to finish, the entire process took a little over a month and a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with seven other candidates at the Lululemon store. The second interview will be with the Assistant Manager and then the Manager. We went around and answered questions regarding why we wanted to work at the store. After the interview, we had to fill out availability forms. The interviewer informed us that we are required to blackout dates of December 15 - January 15th. If you are unable to work during those dates you will automatically be terminated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to come to a group interview in a week. Once I arrived I realized that there were 11 other people being interviewed as well. We sat outdoors and then started the interview which consisted of the interviewers (about 4 of them, a manager and key holders) asking questions and then the rest of us chiming in our answers until everyone got the chance to respond. I found this to not be as fair, not only because there were so many people but it was hard to get the interviewers to pay attention to you since they were so distracted on how many people they were listening to talk. The questions didn't give anyone a chance to let the interviewers really get to know who you are and what you're about more basic generic questions. Lastly, there were 3 women who personally knew the interviewers so they had an unfair advantage and were probably the ones who got the job. Overall, I agree with previous post about lululemon on how their interview process is very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and then had an in-person, informal interview. Very laid back, more about your personality and dedication. I felt very comfortable and the manager was super easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it was a part time seasonal position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Lynnfield, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is not traditional. You apply in the career section online and if they like you, then you get to do a group interview. If that goes well, then you have to do 2 more interviews. During the group interview there were four people, me and 3 others. It was very informal and quick. We sat at a table outside the shopping area. The questions are more like getting to know you and less to do with sales. Its a more of a personality test. If you ever rushed a sorority in College, it kind of reminds me of that process.There are a lot of icebreaker questions. I think you get the next interview if they personally like you. Even though, I did a great job at the interview, I was not offered another one. When I asked for feedback about why I did not make it to the next phase (because I thought I did well). The assistant manager said they had a specific vision for the holiday team. They were looking to create a balanced team factoring in energy and attributes that would help fill in the gaps with their current team. They pursued another candidate based on the teams need. Its hard to believe that type of interview could determine if a person would fit on their current team. There were hardly any questions and the interviewer read them right off the paper. Glad I did not make it to the next round!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite way to sweat?   Answer Question
    • What would be one thing you would want to try that you are afraid to do?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you would change about lululemon?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at lululemon during the holidays?   Answer Question
    • How would your friends describe you? What is one mistake you made at a job? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Mission Viejo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I went into the store one day and asked if they were hiring. They gave me the store managers email so I went home and sent her an email expressing my interest in the job. She emailed back and said that they were having group interviews that week. My group interview was about 15 people and I was the youngest there for sure. After the group interview they asked me to do a sweat session with them (they actually never showed up to my sweat session due to a miscommunication on there behalf) they rescheduled my sweat session for a couple days later. After the sweat session I met with the store manager one on one a couple day later where she pretty much told me I had the job, she just had to do my back ground checks

Interview Questions

• They asked me to educate them on a piece of work out attire I was wearing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lululemon (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

A lot like speed dating - very fun, quirky questions, gave me a really good idea of the vibe of the team. I was able to really get to know some of the people I would work with and enjoyed the off-the-wall questions. It was full of energy and gave me a really good feeling about working there.

Interview Questions

• What is the one meal you would want on a deserted island even if it is the only thing you could every have again?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (North Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email notifying me of the group interview on the morning before the scheduled interview. The email said to reply to confirm my attendance at the group interview the following day.

The interview was scheduled on a Friday at 7:00 a.m. I showed up at around 6:50 a.m. and there were already around four people waiting outside the store. The last interviewee arrived shortly after I did. There were about six interviewees in total.

An employee opened the store doors and let us in around 7. The manager arrived shortly afterwards. We pulled out yoga mats and sat in a circle on the floor of the store by the registers. All the interviewees were young, with the youngest being a high school senior and the oldest being in her mid-to-late 20s.

The manager, a young and perky young woman in her 20s, was the person who conducted the interview. She said she had gone to a spin class earlier that morning at five or six.

We introduced ourselves by saying our names, our favorite way to sweat, and an interesting fact about us. People mentioned things like running, weight-lifting, yoga; pets, skydiving, growing up in a different country, speaking other languages, etc.

At the end, the manager asked us to come up with a question and pick someone from the group to answer it, so it would be a good idea to come up with your own question before your interview just in case.

The last thing we did was write our contact info and availability on a sheet of paper. The job of seasonal educator (and maybe other positions too) involves working behind the scenes in the backroom and having different shifts each week, so be prepared to indicate what hours you can work. The late shift is from closing to 2 or 3 a.m. The manager said you wouldn't necessarily be disqualified if you couldn't work that late, but who knows if that's actually true. My recommendation is that you think about how late you can work or are comfortable working and discuss this beforehand with your parent(s), significant other(s), roommate(s), sitter(s), etc.

The manager said the typical hiring process involves three rounds of interviews: group interview, one-on-one interview with key leader or manager, and one other interview whose format I don't remember. For the seasonal jobs, however, there are only two interviews - the group interview and the one-on-one interview. I did not make the second round.

Lastly, the manager said that she expected regular (but NOT seasonal) employees to be able to commit to working at lululemon for at least a year.

Interview Questions

• What's an interesting thing about you?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite way to sweat?   1 Answer
    • What's a goal you want to achieve within the next year?   1 Answer
    • Educate us about the clothing you're currently wearing (i.e., tell us about your clothes).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview that was held int he back of the store on yoga mats on the floor. It was extremely casual and comfortable! Everyone wore lulu, of course. Their questions are relaxed and don't put you on the spot too much. Advice: if they ask you about the magic tree, don't answer with money. Also, don't try so hard to sound cool and unique, it's annoying and they can see right through you.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic tree, what would you want it to grow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was the week before Thanksgiving, so it was super quick and easy. I think the key leader mostly just cared about availability. I applied online and got an email request for the interview the next day. It was a group interview (three other people) and super informal at some tables in the mall, over in 20 minutes.