lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions

Interviews at lululemon

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview that was held int he back of the store on yoga mats on the floor. It was extremely casual and comfortable! Everyone wore lulu, of course. Their questions are relaxed and don't put you on the spot too much. Advice: if they ask you about the magic tree, don't answer with money. Also, don't try so hard to sound cool and unique, it's annoying and they can see right through you.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic tree, what would you want it to grow?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was the week before Thanksgiving, so it was super quick and easy. I think the key leader mostly just cared about availability. I applied online and got an email request for the interview the next day. It was a group interview (three other people) and super informal at some tables in the mall, over in 20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (North Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email notifying me of the group interview on the morning before the scheduled interview. The email said to reply to confirm my attendance at the group interview the following day.

The interview was scheduled on a Friday at 7:00 a.m. I showed up at around 6:50 a.m. and there were already around four people waiting outside the store. The last interviewee arrived shortly after I did. There were about six interviewees in total.

An employee opened the store doors and let us in around 7. The manager arrived shortly afterwards. We pulled out yoga mats and sat in a circle on the floor of the store by the registers. All the interviewees were young, with the youngest being a high school senior and the oldest being in her mid-to-late 20s.

The manager, a young and perky young woman in her 20s, was the person who conducted the interview. She said she had gone to a spin class earlier that morning at five or six.

We introduced ourselves by saying our names, our favorite way to sweat, and an interesting fact about us. People mentioned things like running, weight-lifting, yoga; pets, skydiving, growing up in a different country, speaking other languages, etc.

At the end, the manager asked us to come up with a question and pick someone from the group to answer it, so it would be a good idea to come up with your own question before your interview just in case.

The last thing we did was write our contact info and availability on a sheet of paper. The job of seasonal educator (and maybe other positions too) involves working behind the scenes in the backroom and having different shifts each week, so be prepared to indicate what hours you can work. The late shift is from closing to 2 or 3 a.m. The manager said you wouldn't necessarily be disqualified if you couldn't work that late, but who knows if that's actually true. My recommendation is that you think about how late you can work or are comfortable working and discuss this beforehand with your parent(s), significant other(s), roommate(s), sitter(s), etc.

The manager said the typical hiring process involves three rounds of interviews: group interview, one-on-one interview with key leader or manager, and one other interview whose format I don't remember. For the seasonal jobs, however, there are only two interviews - the group interview and the one-on-one interview. I did not make the second round.

Lastly, the manager said that she expected regular (but NOT seasonal) employees to be able to commit to working at lululemon for at least a year.

Interview Questions

• Educate us about the clothing you're currently wearing (i.e., tell us about your clothes).   1 Answer
    • What's a goal you want to achieve within the next year?   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite way to sweat?   1 Answer
    • What's an interesting thing about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at lululemon (Natick, MA).

Interview

Got a call from the store manager ... set down and talked about long goals ! Asked what kind of physical activities I do, my hobbies and my inspiration in life !

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at lululemon (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online after my sister had gone in to shop there one day and was being cashed out by one of the assistant managers. She brought up that I went to college for Exercise Science and love the clothes and need a job so the girl gave my sister a business card and told me to apply online and that she'd look out for my application. Invited to a group interview at the store. Everyone was casual in Lululemon gear. Super relaxed environment. Sat in a circle and basically had a casual conversation with everyone. Got an email a week later requesting a background check.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite way to sweat?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lululemon (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

A lot like speed dating - very fun, quirky questions, gave me a really good idea of the vibe of the team. I was able to really get to know some of the people I would work with and enjoyed the off-the-wall questions. It was full of energy and gave me a really good feeling about working there.

Interview Questions

• What is the one meal you would want on a deserted island even if it is the only thing you could every have again?   Answer Question

Seasonal Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fun! Unlike any other job I've interviewed for. Group format, very casual, everyone showed up in workout/yoga clothes. Interviewed with the store manager but then an educator came over and was able to tell us what she liked about the job and her perspective.

Interview Questions

• Ice breaker question: if we were having a party, what would you bring to the party and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

They were very nice and casual. The interview in a group setting of 6 of us and it was on the floor, and they really just wanted to get to know us and how we like to workout and stay active.

Interview Questions

• Name a work related experience in which you messed up, and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to come to a group interview in a week. Once I arrived I realized that there were 11 other people being interviewed as well. We sat outdoors and then started the interview which consisted of the interviewers (about 4 of them, a manager and key holders) asking questions and then the rest of us chiming in our answers until everyone got the chance to respond. I found this to not be as fair, not only because there were so many people but it was hard to get the interviewers to pay attention to you since they were so distracted on how many people they were listening to talk. The questions didn't give anyone a chance to let the interviewers really get to know who you are and what you're about more basic generic questions. Lastly, there were 3 women who personally knew the interviewers so they had an unfair advantage and were probably the ones who got the job. Overall, I agree with previous post about lululemon on how their interview process is very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and then had an in-person, informal interview. Very laid back, more about your personality and dedication. I felt very comfortable and the manager was super easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it was a part time seasonal position.