lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lululemon Seasonal Educator Interview Questions

Interviews at lululemon

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Lynnfield, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is not traditional. You apply in the career section online and if they like you, then you get to do a group interview. If that goes well, then you have to do 2 more interviews. During the group interview there were four people, me and 3 others. It was very informal and quick. We sat at a table outside the shopping area. The questions are more like getting to know you and less to do with sales. Its a more of a personality test. If you ever rushed a sorority in College, it kind of reminds me of that process.There are a lot of icebreaker questions. I think you get the next interview if they personally like you. Even though, I did a great job at the interview, I was not offered another one. When I asked for feedback about why I did not make it to the next phase (because I thought I did well). The assistant manager said they had a specific vision for the holiday team. They were looking to create a balanced team factoring in energy and attributes that would help fill in the gaps with their current team. They pursued another candidate based on the teams need. Its hard to believe that type of interview could determine if a person would fit on their current team. There were hardly any questions and the interviewer read them right off the paper. Glad I did not make it to the next round!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite way to sweat?   Answer Question
  • What would be one thing you would want to try that you are afraid to do?   Answer Question
  • What is one thing you would change about lululemon?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at lululemon during the holidays?   Answer Question
  • How would your friends describe you? What is one mistake you made at a job? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Seasonal Educator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon in September 2013.

Interview

Mainly a group interview process with several stages of interviews. Each one was focused on the bigger picture rather than just the job at hand. Made clear the company's vision and importance on your own individual goals.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was "scouted" in the changing room and had an immediate interview. They scheduled a one-on-one interview after the initial meeting two days later. The whole process took about a week, including on-boarding and documentation. The process felt rushed. Usually, potential Educators are called in for a group interview after scheduling online, and then singled out for one-on-one's. Managers are selective and specific on the personality type they want in their stores.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you succeeded.
      Tell me about a time you succeeded but failed.
      How do you sweat (what's your favorite workout)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Greenwich, CT).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted immediately to set up a time for a group interview, which is their customary way of hiring people. Unfortunately, no one was designated a specific time to speak - instead, only the loudest, most outgoing people were able to speak and thereby impress the interviewer. The interviewer herself seemed biased to these people and eventually started ignoring those who didn't speak as much.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand the lululemon mission to apply to your life?   Answer Question
    • What do you do each day to challenge yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at lululemon (Garden City, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was able to get hired fairly easily through a friend. I did an online application and then went to the store in person and asked if the manager was around, and she pretty much interviewed me on the spot. We went and sat at the food court in the mall.

Interview Questions

• The strangest question the girl had asked me was "What is your area of opportunity?"... I asked her to translate and she clarified that this was Lulu - speak for "what is your weakness?" She also asked what were some of "my favorite ways to sweat?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon in December 2014.

Interview

Lululemon sent me an email on Thursday to come in for a group interview the following Tuesday. It started at 7:30am. The assistant manager and 2 key leaders led the interview. They took turns asking questions. Questions included "What is different about working for Lululemon?", "If you could go on a trip with anybody to anywhere with who and where would you go?", "What's a time you made a mistake at a job and how did you fix it?". I was contacted a week later for a phone interview.

Seasonal Educator Interview

Interview

Great interview, a lot of vague questions but typical life goal questions. A few different interviews, a few group interviews, a few one on one very casual interviews. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you've gotten negative feedback and how did you fix it   Answer Question

Seasonal Educator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

A current employee got me the interview at lululemon, I submitted the online application and was asked to come in a couple days later to the Group Interview. I for personally love group interviews! It helps see where you fall in comparison to the other applicants, also gives more time to construct a well thought answer and hear from others. That being said, the interview was VERY informal, which was nice. We all sat on yoga mats on the floor, 3 employees (One educator, one key leader, and the ASM) and there was 6 people applying for the job or at least in my interview.

Very get to know you type questions, asked a few personal and Goal oriented questions (Lululemon is BIG on goals and vision) so that is important.

Group interview was fairly short, at the end they asked us to write down one other person in the interview that we that would be good at the job. My choice didn't get hired...

A couple days later I received a phone call and then email with an offer, a few days later I was in the office going through HR processing and then a couple weeks later we started training and now currently working on the floor!

From initial submission to my first day on the floor was about 1 month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, Base pay $12/hr

Seasonal Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a group interview the same day. The manager who conducted the interview was very friendly. We sat on the floor (on the yoga mats), and she spoke about herself and the educator position, after that she asked us to introduce ourselves.

She made a few specif questions such as: Tell me about your future goals? Whatever you answer, make sure not use "I will" or "I want" say I AM... Ex: I AM a college graduate in 2016, I am an yoga teacher in 2017. They look for these little things.

She also asked to tell her a situation that I had to go above and beyond for someone. I explained about a situation when I inspired someone to overcome a difficult situation. I was not prepare for this question, but I answered. Definitely say that you shop at Lululemon, and make sure to know their mission statement and history.

I am an yoga teacher, but this fact did not make any difference. They have their own culture and are interested if you fit their standards. I thought i did well, I said about how they connect with the community and elevate people. I also made sure to answer all the questions. I am a marketing undergraduate and used my business knowledge, but unfortunately for some reason I did not get the position. I got a thank you "but no" e-mail.

I were black leggings and black sweater . Colorful sneakers.

Just do your best, and cross your fingers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you had to go above and beyond for someone?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Casual one-hour interview in a group setting. I wore lululemon and was prepared to answer questions about me - what activities I do, what I like to do, etc.

We had the interview outside - there was an assistant manager and a key who interviewed us.