lynda.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

lynda.com Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at lynda.com (Carpinteria, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. They sent me an email telling me my profile was very interesting and requesting for some date/time slots for a phone interview. I answer back giving them the dates. They emailed me again asking some questions in advance. I answered the questions via email too. Everything happened via email. Finally, they wrote me back telling me they chose not to move forward with my application. The phone interview never happened. I answered with a "thank you" email.

Interview Questions

• Please give me more details about your experience in (Web Design, Web Development, Software Development, Data Science and IT)   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lynda.com (Calabasas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 Skype video type interviews including a shared electronic whiteboard. Very cordial engineers. They want folks who are quick on their feet. Who doesn't. I did not get job but they were nice.

Interview Questions

• Factorial iteratively and recursively.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lynda.com (Carpinteria, CA).

Interview

I received a call from HR within a week from applying online. I had three phone interviews, and then I was offered a flight/hotel to meet with eight people in their offices in Carpenteria. I had to meet with each person for 30 minutes each, including a lunch pow-wow with other Content Producers to have them answer any questions I may have. It was intimidating to be the center attention, but every single person was super personable, authentic, and down to earth. It was exhausting to say the least to be on my toes and talk about myself for an entire day and be questioned about how I would handle particular situations for a job I had not been trained to do yet. Those kinds of questions usually came from the younger folks. Unfortunately for me, my last interview was with the hiring manager's senior. By that time, my plate of pasta I'd consumed for lunch was settling in, I was running out of steam and for that matter, questions to ask as most were previously answered by the time I reached this crucial point, and since the interviews were back to back, I was dehydrated as water/bathroom break wasn't scheduled into the day. When it was all over, they handed me a gift certificate for a one month subscription. Overall, the experience was wonderful, even down to the HR person, who is super sweet, approachable, and sincere. I was disappointed I didn't get an offer as I could tell I would have enjoyed working with the people there.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lynda.com.

Interview

Average three rounds. Third round is your onsite where you meet the team. The process was quick in terms of timing, about 2 week process with the recruiter helping the process along. Feedback is immediate but vague due to privacy policies. Overall an average interview with many situation questions to better understand your accomplishments

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about your experiences?
      - What is one thing an ex colleague would describe you as?
      - What do you know about Lynda.com
      - Have you used the service?
      Answer Question

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at lynda.com (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Long interview process that begins with a call from a recruiter. If you pass that interview, it is followed by a call from the Sr. CD. A 3rd interview is usually followed by an on-site visit to lynda.com where it’s a full day of talking to leads and employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at lynda.com (Carpinteria, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial contact from HR Manager, then 3 interviews with hiring manager and two other senior staff, all taking place over the course of one month. All interviews were over the phone. I did not get confirmation of next steps until I followed up with the HR person in charge of scheduling the calls. I waited a week before I followed up with HR. Interviewers were friendly and took time to explain the position and answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, i.e.: 'Tell me about a time you had to address someone's lack of follow-through' or 'Describe a time you had to manage multiple projects'   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lynda.com.

Interview

-Recruiter reached out with a phone screen describing the interview process.
    -1 Tech phone screen with an engineer. Asked knowledge based questions, like what is an unsigned int, etc. Asked a question on reversing a string.
    -1 Onsite interview with 5 people
    -1st interview - Write a function to find the nth Fibonacci number. Do it recursively and iteratively. Asked questions about stack vs heap and how variables are passed / referenced through functions using c#.
    -2nd interview - Remove blacklisted words from a paragraph. Different approaches in doing this.
    -3rd interview - With a manager. Cultural fit questions
    -4th interview - With another manager. More culture fit questions and asked about specific topics listed in your resume.

-Got feedback within the day that I did well and was extended an offer soon after

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lynda.com (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

Pretty thorough. The HR recruiter is armed with some basic questions involving .NET, Sql, IIS, debugging, etc. Pass that and it's on to the phone interview, which consists mainly of coding exercises in a non-Intellisense IDE, testing algorithms, data structures, and the standard.

After that, you're brought in to a short-circuit style interview (i.e. if you are told after 30 minutes that they thank you for your time and you'll hear from them, you probably won't.) Architectural knowledge is huge, as is being caught up on the latest technologies for websites and web apps. You'll also be quizzed on basic algorithms such as string reversals, linked lists, fibonacci (non-recursive please!!), some C# syntax, and so on. And as with all companies, prepare for the cultural questions, i.e. do you like us, do we like you, we like each other let's date/pay you to work for us.

Tough questions asked by smart people, and something you'd expect at any company worth working at.

Interview Questions

• What are indexes in SQL? Why are they useful?   Answer Question
    • What is the most efficient non-recursive Fibonacci sequence algorithm you can come up with?   Answer Question
    • How do I reverse a string in less than O(n)?   Answer Question
    • How do I reverse words in a string in less than O(n)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lynda.com (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

The interview process took 10 days. First was a phone call from HR of the company, It was about general questions and some basic technical questions. 2nd was a skype interview with a Sr.Software engineer. It was a technical round and I had to do a coding exercise in the end by sharing my screen with him. Then the final round was a in-person interview , which went about 3-4 hrs with 5-6 people at their office.
      Over all its an average interview, they don't ask just definitions nor too advanced. Mostly gives us some scenarios or coding exercises and ask us to solve in several ways and comes up with more efficient way and some IQ questions too.They wanted to make sure the candidate is good in both technical and cultural. Very friendly people.I felt comfortable through out the interview process.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lynda.com in February 2015.

Interview

It started off being contacted through Linkedin. A recruiter reached out and stated my skills match the need of the business and if I would like to interview. I accepted and a few days later I get an email stating to interview with head of helpdesk. Interviewed and then a few days later again get an email and asking to interview with two other support techs for troubleshooting and knowledge. I go ahead and set up a time for the interview. First interview gets cancelled and gets rescheduled because the tech was in a meeting. I finally have the interview and it seems to go well. I am told they will contact me with next steps soon. This is when it gets odd and non professional. I never hear back from them. I send a few follow up emails to three different employees who contacted me earlier. A week and a half goes by then I finally get a call stating I am still a candidate but they are still interviewing other. That didnt make sense since it looks like they are keeping me at their feet in case they decide something else. Its been another week and still no update. Company seems political and very unorganized. I really do think they have people come on here and talk highly of them cause from what I hear now and see its a mess getting a job.