mSpot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

mSpot Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at mSpot (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The response times are generally within 1 week...both for setting up telephonic calls as well as calling for in-person interviews.
    Phone screen: was easy and involved ~30% theory and 60% of relatively simple coding questions, including simple recursion problems & remaining time for questions / general discussion.

In-person interviews experience:
    Generally around 3-4 people...mostly coding/design with some theory
    Of the people I met, most were nice and conducted excellent interviews but the first person (of an eastern nationality known to have both very smart developers but also a lot of stupid, text-book style interviewers who ask irrelevant questions which in no way indicate a candidate's ability to do anything in real-life...eg. asking for differences between C++ & Java to an experienced developer and looking only for very specific answers & being dissatisfied even if someone listed out a bunch of correct points but missed the one they were specifically looking for !)....so yeah the first person totally left a bad taste in the mouth with crappy theory questions and then a design question which was open-ended and yet he was only looking for one specific solution, so most of the time went out in narrowing down the requirements to the specific area of his interest and narrowing down possible solutions to the direction of that one specific solution he was looking for...I couldn't pin point the solution due to lack of time, thanks to him not better clarifying what he wanted...I mean either you ask an open-ended question and discuss different solutions for their merits/demerits OR you clarify your question to guide the candidate towards the details of the specific thing you're looking for (which is bad in my books!)
    The others were smart people with interesting algorithmic problems (which weren't too hard either, though I did get one involving some math and initially struggled with it due to being totally out of touch with high school math, which is entirely my fault...but luckily did manage to solve it in the end)...
    You may even get a live coding round where you have a laptop and access to internet and are asked to provide a working solution...nice touch (& went well for me) !

Current Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at mSpot.

Interview

I had three interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at mSpot.

Interview

recruiters were not very prepared, onsite interview was a totally directionless.

Interview Questions

• all of the questions were pretty simple and I could answer. the direct managers were well informed, but upper management was clueless   Answer Question

Negotiation

they are super cheap and I had to really negotiate with them to get a decent wage

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at mSpot (East Palo Alto, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Sent resume in, was contacted by an HR person shortly after for a standard recruiter pre-screening interview. After this, I was told I would be moving on to the next phase, and that my resume would be forwarded on to an engineer. I had to contact the HR person twice before my resume was actually passed along.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself up to date on technology? Books, websites, etc? Which ones?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at mSpot (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied Online; received an e-mail from HR manager asking to schedule date for phone interview, scheduled phone call (initial screening phone call), week later was then brought in to do 1:1 with HR manager and CFO