macys.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

macys.com Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.5

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at macys.com.

Interview

Phone and In-person. In-person interview lasts for 3-4 hours and you get to meet technical, product and executive managers. Overall it will be interesting experience. Some coding is expected for managers as well

Interview Questions

• Sequence of steps to retrieve response from a server. be very detailed   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at macys.com (Livingston, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

it was a serene environment clean and organized. I saw the assistant h r manager, I waited for a while to see the dept . manager then the h r manager

Macys Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at macys.com (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Very easy.
    Must be able to work with others.
    The lady I interviewed with was very kind.
    I was able to choose which department I wanted to work in.
    I was asked questions about teamwork and when I had troubles in teams and how I overcame them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at macys.com (Garden City, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very hard interview questions I am trying to figure out what is the best way to interview. Interviews can be long and difficult and a very tedious process the interview process can be long and tedious sometimes they never call me back it's frustrating

Interview Questions

• Name three things u think makes a team player   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was not bad at all. They had us meet one on one and bring in the necessary documents and we completed the interview. it was a nice process not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work here?   1 Answer

Seasonal Beauty Advisor Flex Interview

Interview

I applied online. In less than a week I got an email to schedule an interview. I schduled an interview online. The interview last less than 15 minutes. There was definitely less than 10 questions and they all came from a packet. Afterwards I got asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• would you feel comfortable applying makeup on peoples hands and faces?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked in a group? What were some of your challenges and some of your goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you sold an item to someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at macys.com (New York, NY).

Interview

It was quick and easy. The first step was a group interview where they ask normal interview questions. Then the people who are chosen get to have an individual interview where they match you with an opening.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at macys.com (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

the whole process is about 10 min, very simple, i also make some preparation. the interviewer is very kind. after few questions, he started to talk about the salary. the training still have salary, haha.

Interview Questions

• why choose macy‘s?
      All the question has been reviewed before the interview.
      1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at macys.com.

Interview

I applied on line for cosmetics and was called for an interview the next day. I talked to 3 different people. They did not explain their role. The interviews were quick (2 minutes each) and unprofessional. No one had actually looked at my resume or commented about my experience. I was made an offer one the spot for another department but they did not elaborate any details such as how hours work, benefits, commission schedule, etc. I asked to see a benefit package and no one could produce one. They said it would be available online when I qualify. This should have been red flag enough to pass.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. They offer a low hourly rate and hype commission but never provide a commission schedule or information on how you will be rated or reviewed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at macys.com in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line. The same day I was offered a chance to interview. I set up an interview for 11:15 the following day. I checked in and was placed in a room and they shut the door. 40 mins later, as I'm walking out because I had been waiting way too long, someone came in. She didn't introduce herself or say who she was. On my application, in the part where it said are there certain dates you can't work, I put my on dates I can't work. They looked past it and told me I had to work those days. I wasn't even offered a job, just told I HAVE to work those days. When I said I cannot due to prior obligations I was told, and I quote, "Well honestly I'm not sure who would hire you". I was offered a job the next day and was happy to decline any job from them. 0/10 would not recommend. Rude staff, unprofessional.