Maintenance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maintenance Interview Questions

"Maintenance technicians are responsible for resolving problems with equipment and systems in their respective fields. Experience and technical knowledge of your field are key for impressing employers during an interview, during which you will be presented with hypothetical questions about common issues and inquiries about past problems you have resolved. Various maintenance careers require different levels of education and certification."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a system outage?

2 Answers

I would start at the beginning and work my way forward until I found where the error was. Continually checking the system database as I went forward to see my progress and make sure I was bringing the whole system up and not leaving a portion out.

Calmly. Locate and fix using the half-split method; whether that is with teams in broad geographically spanning systems or within a single functioning system

Have you ever fired anyone

2 Answers

How would you handle the following situation: You and your supervisor are not agreeing on a path forward what would you do.

2 Answers

Describe a time you had to deal with a unproductive emplyee

2 Answers

I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?

1 Answer

I was asked to describe what is a router, like the one used in the home for the internet.

1 Answer

My experience with what types of electrical systems.

1 Answer

What is instrumentation Amplifier (IA) and what are all the advantages?

1 Answer

What would you do if the technician performing the vehicle repairs was having difficulties with diagnosis?

1 Answer

How would you handle a problem employee who will not/can not pull their weight?

110 of 2,689 Interview Questions