Maintenance Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maintenance Technician Interview Questions

Maintenance technicians generally work under managers to maintain buildings and equipment. Interviews will feature scenarios of problems which you will be responsible for fixing while keeping in communication with both managers and customers. Come ready to showcase your job-specific knowledge and problem solving skills. Education requirements vary so be sure to research them before applying for a position.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

I was asked to describe what is a router, like the one used in the home for the internet.

1 Answer

Switches create a network. Routers connect networks. A router links computers to the Internet, so users can share the connection. A router acts as a dispatcher, choosing the best path for information to travel so it's received quickly.

How would you handle a system outage?

2 Answers

I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?

Why should I work here?

2 Answers

If I was capable of working with Gas/ HVAC? If I was HVAC certified?

1 Answer

Why was I leaving the Electrical field?

1 Answer

if I am team player and be able to tackle the problem promptly.

1 Answer

I haven't completed the process yet so I'm going to fill this in once I've either been hired or rejected.

1 Answer

I was at the South Campus for almost 10 years when the other mechanic who had been there for 26 years had a terrible stroke and is not able to work now. I had to take care of the building for 4 months by myself. Dan transferred to Nashville, TN, and the NEW director (5 months on the job) would not provide any help. He told me that I was expected to take care of the building by myself. It had been maintained for over 25 years by 2 or more people.

1 Answer

Although the skills test covered a broad range of skills, some of which were unrelated or very specific to certain operating procedures, it was understood by the interviewer and discussed fully and taken into account.

110 of 344 Interview Questions