Major account manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Major account manager Interview Questions

major account manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Interview was straightforward. Asking questions about tell me a time... You were faced with a challenge. You exceeded a goal.

Star format: Situation Task Action Result

Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

What I thought about working in an environment where there are many competitors in different product categories.

1 Answer

What is my most successful strategy for targeting an account?

1 Answer

Regional Sales Director was not interested in my ability from the minute we sat down. He spent 45 minutes typing my answers to his questions about why I left each company I had been with in the past 20 years. Then the " Tell me about a time" questions started and most importantly he said he did not understand why I didn't attend college. His comment was you just did not want to go? Honestly I started to stand up and end the interview as I felt he was wasting my time, but I didn't want to disrespect the company recruiter. Too bad, I was a perfect fit and was ready to give 200% to succeeding in the position. I was told I was not selected to move forward because I didn't have payroll services sales experience, but the Regional Sales Director came from Enterprise Rental Car and had none as well.

1 Answer

Looking for industry experience and someone that is responsible for entire sales cycle, leverage 3rd party relationships for 1-2 appointments per week

1 Answer

Situational questions looking for specific examples that demonstrate the skills they are looking for

1 Answer

Give details about a "big deal" or complex sales process, how you managed it, how you were able to get the deal, etc. Pretty standard stuff.

What would your manager say about you if they were here?

110 of 34 Interview Questions