Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makeup Artist Interview Questions

"Employers are looking for makeup artists who are creative, attentive to detail, and excellent customer service providers. During an interview, expect to be faced with the kinds of questions that a customer may ask to draw upon your product knowledge, so make sure you have a list of your go-to products and know which the lines the company carries."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Name your favorite MAC product and sell it to me?

2 Answers

I chose Fix+. I just went through all of its uses and named all the products it could replace in your makeup bag.

Studio fix liquid foundation! I’ve tried hundreds of different liquid foundations in my life time, but this is the one I always go back to. Nothing compares! It’s full coverage with out looking to think. It make me look flawless every time.

If someone comes up to you and asks for a red lipstick what do you do ?

2 Answers

Give me a time when your manager expressed disastisfaction with your work performance.

1 Answer

Why are you a good candidate for to work for us?

3 Answers

Experience as a makeup artist

3 Answers

What would you do if I were to pair you up to work on a project with a coworker whom you didn't like?

3 Answers

How to reach a minimum specified amount of sales in one day.

2 Answers

Are you Certified/Do you have a diploma in Makeup Artistry or a cosmetology license?

2 Answers

Do you have any experience in sales?

2 Answers

How would you handle a client who was unhappy with their makeup and the only clues you had were their body language? How would you avoid that situation entirely?

110 of 357 Interview Questions