Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makeup Artist Interview Questions

"Employers are looking for makeup artists who are creative, attentive to detail, and excellent customer service providers. During an interview, expect to be faced with the kinds of questions that a customer may ask to draw upon your product knowledge, so make sure you have a list of your go-to products and know which the lines the company carries."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Name your favorite MAC product and sell it to me?

1 Answer

I chose Fix+. I just went through all of its uses and named all the products it could replace in your makeup bag.

Give me a time when your manager expressed disastisfaction with your work performance.

1 Answer

If someone comes up to you and asks for a red lipstick what do you do ?

1 Answer

Why would I want to work for MAC?

1 Answer

The most unexpected thing I was asked was if I could begin training the next day. Other than that it was a very standard and casual interview.

1 Answer

Do you have anymore questions for me?

1 Answer

The interview questions are standard....do you enjoying selling, what drives you, tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, tell me about a time you disagreed with a manager, etc.

Do you use MAC products?

1 Answer

What would you do if I were to pair you up to work on a project with a coworker whom you didn't like?

2 Answers

They just want to know what you know about their brand, nothing too difficult. I think the hardest part might be the makeup interview. They throw you a random scenario and you have a time limit to do the makeup accordingly. My region is very real, none of that superficial MAC stereotype. I made sure I made a mistake on purpose and then showed my customer (model) how to correct the mistake at home without ruining the rest of the makeup, because mistakes happen!

110 of 274 Interview Questions