Management consulting manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Management consulting manager Interview Questions

management consulting manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Asked several times: "Tell me about yourself". I do not think the interviewers were prepared at all. In one interview was asked about a specific situation and what "method" I would use to solve the problem.

2 Answers

The method question: I answered that I would need more specific information if this was real life but given the information I have, I would probably use a specific approach to problem solving.

Remember the context in which the question was asked. It was posed to you to provide a challenging situation/problem and how you responded. Your job as an interviewee is not to judge the interviewer but sell yourself and ask questions as needed if a question is unclear. The "Method" as described works well and ensures that you have done your research about the organization prior.

How did I meet my wife? / what was my relationship with my dad like.

1 Answer

Do you know how we generate revenue in this group and what are out priorities this fiscal year?

1 Answer

There was a business case, but it was a breeze. Seemed like the interviewer saw the case the first time, as well. Later as I was working in the firm, I realized the interviews are additional chore for the Senior Managers and that is a time of the week that is the fun part. They have a packet to prepare, but most just fling it on the site

1 Answer

Current state of economy & spending level

1 Answer

Questions asking me to imagine where I would best fit in.

1 Answer

Please describe how you would solve a problem that had been shared with me earlier.

1 Answer

Experience with accounting, finance, software, and financial software.

1 Answer

Do you know 'So-and-so' and 'Such-and-such'. One was a former co-worker that used to take credit for my work and the second was a former supervisor that gave me trouble for being gay (like sending me bible sermons on how to live properly and do chapter reports on christian self-help books).

1 Answer

What's your consulting and project management experience ?

110 of 63 Interview Questions