Management Consulting Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Management Consulting Manager Interview Questions

Management consulting manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions asking me to relate my previous non-consulting work experience to the skills and experience that consultants require.

1 Answer

I think the key here is to get at the core skills sets and ignore the contextual differences. Consultants are analyzing data, solving problems and selling solutions to internal and external teams. There are a lot of jobs that require these skills so give examples of consultative sales, team leadership or other responsibilities you've had that developed these skills.

Questions asking me to imagine where I would best fit in.

1 Answer

What's your consulting and project management experience ?

1 Answer

Do you know how we generate revenue in this group and what are out priorities this fiscal year?

1 Answer

Do you know 'So-and-so' and 'Such-and-such'. One was a former co-worker that used to take credit for my work and the second was a former supervisor that gave me trouble for being gay (like sending me bible sermons on how to live properly and do chapter reports on christian self-help books).

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when...

1 Answer

Please describe how you would solve a problem that had been shared with me earlier.

1 Answer

There was a business case, but it was a breeze. Seemed like the interviewer saw the case the first time, as well. Later as I was working in the firm, I realized the interviews are additional chore for the Senior Managers and that is a time of the week that is the fun part. They have a packet to prepare, but most just fling it on the site

1 Answer

Asked several times: "Tell me about yourself". I do not think the interviewers were prepared at all. In one interview was asked about a specific situation and what "method" I would use to solve the problem.

1 Answer

Current state of economy & spending level

110 of 45 Interview Questions