Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Management consulting senior consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"What else can you tell me that would make me interested in hiring you?"

3 Answers

I gave examples of previous experiences and how I, step by step, addressed a specific business problem from start to finish and I emphasized that these business skills would translate over to the interviewer's company.

Ask yourself a question: Have you ever behaved like you believe a BAH employee would? I have. I work with BAH employees, and from the outside looking in I can name a few behavioral traits that make me a good fie: Integrity, Professionalism and Competence. Read the company's core value statements and make sure to take ownership of them.

*fit not "fie".

If they were willing and able to make the necessary changes and spend the money needed to build out the new department?

detailed resume screen

1 Answer

generic questions: strengths, weaknesses, succession plans, motivations etc.

1 Answer

tell me about a time when you...problem sovling, managing conflict, prioritizing/work management, energy/stamina/initiative and one other I can't remember

1 Answer

The "unexpected" factor came in the generalized form of the "case" question. As best I can remember, the question was a hypothetical about a large federal client engaging the firm to optimize their IT portfolio. Almost no details were specified, and subsequent questions in response to the ideas I offered did not provide many particular parameters to consider.

1 Answer

Tell me about your weakness as a consultant?

1 Answer

Most difficult question for me was to provide an example where i must have demonstrated some outstanding activities.

1 Answer

Questions asking me to relate my previous non-consulting work experience to the skills and experience that consultants require.

1 Answer

Questions asking me to imagine where I would best fit in.