Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manager Interview Questions

Manager Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Find the largest possible difference in an array of integers, such that the smaller integer occurs earlier in the array.

4 Answers

Looks like an Divide & Conquer algorithm.

Build an array max where at each index i max[i] is the highest value to the right of i in the original array. Then iterate over the original array and compute max[i]-orig[i] and return the highest of these values. Requires space and time linear in the length of the array.

Iterate over the list, updating two variables each time: the minimum element seen so far and the maximum difference possible so far (calculated as the max of the current max difference and the difference of the current element and the current known minimum). This works in O(n) time with O(1) storage.

Interview was very generic. The interviewer read the questions straight off of the paper. She never inquired about my resume.

2 Answers

What are your weaknesses?

2 Answers

The most difficult part of the interview for me was when they asked me about why I left my previous position.

1 Answer

Have you ever had a project that failed?

1 Answer

There was no difficult question. The person that I met with told me she was uncomfortable doing this by herself and read standard questions from a piece of a paper. It was a waste of time,as I was never able to interview with someone responsible for hiring.

1 Answer

Would you be comfortable just being a programmer?

1 Answer

The question about my experience level for the position was a little difficult for me to answer.

1 Answer

No questions asked. Sr. Manager was taking a con call with their partner and interviewing me at the same time. Weird.

1 Answer

I was asked if I had a background in Unix, Java or IBM Rational tools. I told them yes to the Unix and IBM Rational questions and gave examples of my background.

110 of 109 Interview Questions