Manager of Financial Reporting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manager of Financial Reporting Interview Questions

Manager of financial reporting interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you describe your ideal day?

1 Answer

My answer consisted of 30% of my day being spent doing the same work my team does, so I can understand what they do and the constraints on their time, 40% team working to make sure that the team is engaged and doing work that matters to them or is maximizing their strengths (i.e., maybe I could shift more analytical work to a more analytical person and more creative work to a creative person), and the last 30% would be handling those managerial things that happen, like meetings, because I'm a realist and they cannot be avoided. The interviewer seemed to like my answer.

Largely focused on prior experience doing financial forecasting and budgeting. Wanted me to demonstrate excel competency. Interview conducted in a highly professional, organized, and structured manner. I liked the people I met with, definitely a unique and interesting global company, particularly in a smallish market like Jacksonville, FL.

Are you willing to put in long hours?

Why me?

1 Answer

What are some of the things that are most important to you in your next role?

Tell me whether or not you would acquire company X based on the financial statements, etc. that were provided.

1 Answer

What were your recent process improvements?