Manager Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manager Software Engineering Interview Questions

Manager software engineering interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

A IQ question: I have 9 coins and 8 have the same weight and the last one is heavier. I also have a balance beam to weigh the coins with. I can only use the balance beam 2 times to find the heavier coin. How do you find the heavier coin?

4 Answers

Divide the coins into 3 piles of 3. Weigh the first 2 piles. If they balance then the heavier coin is in the 3rd pile otherwise its on the balance beam. Take the heavier pile and place 1 coin on each end of the beam. If they are equal then the heavier coin is the 3rd coin else it is on the beam.

OMG... It says the last coin was heavier! FIND THE LAST COIN...duh!

@ranee : The answer given is correct. If the heavier coin is in the 3rd pile , then take any two from them and weigh them . If they are equal , you can easily say the last coin is the heaviest , otherwise the heaviest coin is one of the two being weighed. If in the first go , you can get hold of the heavier pile , do the same procedure as above. You can easily find it by using the balance twice.

I interviewed for Manager position. They asked very deep technical questions.

1 Answer

How do you define success?

3 Answers

Tell me about a time you led a group through a change in their everyday software tools?

1 Answer

Who is this? I called you? You need to set up a time for an interview on Skype for Thursday or Friday.

1 Answer

Give an example of where you had to coach a subordinate.

1 Answer

Can you speak another Language, like an Asian Language?

2 Answers

Why do you need promotion? Will you listen to my commands?

1 Answer

What is your strategy in interviewing so you hire the right people?

2 Answers

How do you motivate high achievers?

110 of 123 Interview Questions