Managing editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Managing editor Interview Questions

managing editor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are the first three things you would do on your first day working here?

2 Answers

Introduce myself to my new coworkers, familiarize myself with the house style, and take home a few titles from the imprint(s) to read.

If I were the interviewer, I would nitpick that one of the first things you would do is go home. It's a good answer, but you want to just scope out the books. Don't take them home until later when your shift is over. (For this particular position I would be watching closely for the precision of your use of language and this would stick out to me.)

What are some ways you would motivate an Editor to complete a task that was essential to the health of their community?

1 Answer

How would I improve this newspaper?

Why this company?

1 Answer

How would I cope with the fact that none of the departments at the company like each other at all.

1 Answer

How do you manage your time in order to accomplish everything needed to put out a monthly publication?

1 Answer

Do you think you could manage a team of 20 employees?

1 Answer

Do you have 15 hours to spend on Hulafrog each week?

1 Answer

It wasn't unexpected, but I was asked to respond to unique requests and responses from customers, and how I would address their needs. Not knowing their existing customers too well, I had to really put myself in the position of someone who knew Skytap well, and knew the needs of their customers.

1 Answer

We work late most nights. Are you willing to stay to route jobs until the team says the piece is clean?

110 of 93 Interview Questions