marcus evans Accounts Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

marcus evans Accounts Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at marcus evans

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

first phone interview was super simple. It was more like explaining to me what the company does, how much they pay and the culture than an actual interview. They asked me about my previous experience in sales and went over my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for marcus evans

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a very straightforward, nothing unexpected type interview. The hiring manager asked behavioral-type questions. It lasted about 30-40 minutes. Invited for a second interview at the office in chicago.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

My phone interview lasted about 3 minutes, I had interviewed with the company several years ago, I remembered that they offered an extremely low pay rate. When I asked about this the interviewer said that by asking about a base salary I was ending the interview. I think I saved both of us a wasted hour , I should have refused the interview. Does not seem like a company a true professional should avoid.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask any question before ending interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about 20min. Seeing skills and ambitions. One on one interview 2 days later. They were at the end of their interview process for the job posting, which is why it moved so quickly. One on one interview was to see if I knew about their company, my skill set and what my motivation was. Throughout the process they seemed to favor someone that is aggressive and want to make money. I declined a second round interview, because the pay was too low. My task for the second round was to create a sales pitch.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job. Got a call the next day, then went in 2 days later for a face to face interview. Then got called back the next day for feedback from both me and the interviewer and then set up a 2nd interview for the next week. For the 2nd interview had to write out a sales pitch for an event and also find 10 companies and 10 leads and explain why I chose them. Was then contacted the next day with a job offer and asked to start that week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fair

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

short phone interview, 30 minute 1st interview and then a final 15 minute second interview.
    challenging questions and put me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure you would be successful here, maybe we should just leave it there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

When I first spoke with the hiring manager over the phone, he told me he had to get back on the phone to make his own quota. Right then I could tell something was not right about this job. I came into their office at NBC towers and was impressed by the great location. I was waiting in the lobby while two other people were waiting on an interview. The interview was absolutely ridiculous. The guy kept saying he wants people that will sell their a** off. I was like wow this guy is a manager? I walked onto the sales floor (he was reluctant at first) and I saw all these old computers. Everyone was so bored and it looked like nobody was enjoying their job.

Three reasons:
    1. The pay structure is the stupid. period. You make 1500 a month (18K a year) in base salary which you can't even live off of (which there is always a chance you won't sell something no matter how good you are).
    2. The interviewer was like that guy off of the Boiler Room. Cutthroat. The guy was totally unprofessional and he told me that if a guy didn't have a sale that month he expects him make calls at lunch and stay late everyday. I guess the guy doesn't have a life outside of work.
    3. The sales manager himself didn't like the people he worked with. I asked him whats one thing he would change and he said the people on his team. Why would I want to work there when you don't like the people on your team now?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Communication was on point. Follow up from the company in regards to phone interview/ in person interview confirmation and information on preparation for interview was on point as well. Didn't wait long for interview and felt as though it was informative and direct.

Interview Questions

• Why did you turn down any job offerings if any before this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process consists of two interviews. It was an average interview, no trick questions or surprises. I talked to two managers, they were very informative about the different sales teams. They were a variety of products to sell. They offered base and commission as far as salary was concerned. The biggest con was that they only pay once a month, actually on the 5th day of the month. They offered no direct deposits, only live checks.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

This interview started very standard and then quickly got tough. A little too tough in my opinion. Some of the questions asked nobody could ever prepare for. Good and bad I guess. The office lobby was clean and friendly. I watched a lot of people coming in and out which gave me a good window into the culture. I went through 2 in person interviews and one over the phone so far. One interview was to "interview" a staff member of my choice. That was very helpful. They do seem a bit unorganized as my interview time was changed 2x and was interrupted by another staff member "needing something quickly".

I would think they COULD wait. Found that a little rude.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question I was asked that I NEVER saw coming was

"why do you feel people go on glass door and write review?"

LOL. Now here I am   3 Answers