marcus evans Executive Business Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Executive Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (San Diego, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I personally made a call to one of the Managers at the firm. Discussed the position and was offered to come in for an interview.

First interview was with the sales manager and that went well. He explained the entire business process of how Marcus Evans conducts their business prospecting and how sales are made. Explained benefits as well as compensation package.

Second interview was with sales manager and GM. This time it was more of a Q&A session and they asked me questions about sales, what sales books I have read lately, and how determined am I to succeed.

After the second interview they called me a couple hours later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing that you have had to deal with in your professional career?   Answer Question
  • When is the last time you read a book and what was the title of that book?   Answer Question
  • How many sales books have you read and how long ago was the last one that you read?   Answer Question

My timing for hire for this position was not the greatest. I gracefully declined and didn't burn any bridges with the office staff.

Compensation package was not the greatest in regards to salary, but their commission structure was very lucrative. There is potential to make a whole lot of money if you are a good sales person and can survive knowing that your are going to practically live off of 100% commission.