marcus evans Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.5

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

This was my first in-person interview, so it was more of an information session, where the interviewer explained in detail the project cycle and what his daily duties entail. Occasionally the interviewer asked me to basically regurgitate what he just said to assess my understanding of his description. Ended with a very detailed explanation of the pay and advancement process in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

quite old fashioned questions were obviously prepared without a flow just for the sake to be asked .No clear description of a job title itself as well as day to day responsibilities.No clear explanation of salry and renumeration package.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Rather difficult interview process. Very challenging, forward questions. However, reasonable questions considering this role would be for a sales position. They certainly want to see how tenacious you are. Personally, the atmosphere was not for me. I know many people who work in sales, but this seemed to be of a different caliber. I read some bad reviews on Glassdoor before finalizing my offer, so I was a bit biased and ended up turning down the offer.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans.

Interview

3 part process. 3 separate managers interviewed. Asked a bunch of very good humorous quick questions. Offered lunch & cake and happy hour. Interview lasted for about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Had to ask a question to make manager feel awkward?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called by the internal recruiter saying the Director of the Division asked that he call me, we set up a time for the Director to call me for an initial phone screen, had the phone call at a later date, went in for one on one interview, had this small research assignment to do, emailed to get me in for a secondary interview, had 2nd in person interview with a member of senior management, was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Professional interview setting asking about prior experience. Was also asked what I am looking for in a career and what I wouldn't like in a career. Interviewer was aware of all internet reviews, especially on this site. Was able to effectively challenge each negative statement and made it seem as if the ones who are not good at selling or have bad work ethic do not make it. Just received call back for second interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the pros and cons are of not having computers on every desk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview is really a sales job selling you on the company and opportunity disguised as an interview. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what you say, as long as you seem somewhat competent, you will get the position.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask tough questions. Mostly about past experience and if I think I can do this job and why/   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate base pay, but heard someone else was able to double it through negotiating

Corporate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews on separate days with different members of the management team. Interviews take place in the conference room, which is sleek and nice -- a contrast to the poor sales floor aesthetic.

Interview Questions

• None...everything was very mediocre. There was a role-playing exercise where I pretended to sell Marcus Evans "product" (which is a very ambiguous and shady thing to begin with).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't take the offer. You will never make the money they tell you that you will unless you are a sociopath.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Found job posting online for account executive position in the Chicago area. Talked on the phone with HR and then had an in person interview with sales manager. First half of the in person interview was behavioral based interview questions and the second part was understanding position. They handed me a packet of the job position, company culture, etc... and went into great detail so I had absolutely no questions at the end. I heard back from them a couple days later to do my second in person interview. The homework for this interview was to find 10 people to sell their product too (seats for a conference).

Interview Questions

• What are some positives and negatives of working in competitive sales environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at marcus evans (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, that's it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.