marcus evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

marcus evans Interview Questions

Interviews at marcus evans

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

short phone interview, 30 minute 1st interview and then a final 15 minute second interview.
    challenging questions and put me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure you would be successful here, maybe we should just leave it there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

When I first spoke with the hiring manager over the phone, he told me he had to get back on the phone to make his own quota. Right then I could tell something was not right about this job. I came into their office at NBC towers and was impressed by the great location. I was waiting in the lobby while two other people were waiting on an interview. The interview was absolutely ridiculous. The guy kept saying he wants people that will sell their a** off. I was like wow this guy is a manager? I walked onto the sales floor (he was reluctant at first) and I saw all these old computers. Everyone was so bored and it looked like nobody was enjoying their job.

Three reasons:
    1. The pay structure is the stupid. period. You make 1500 a month (18K a year) in base salary which you can't even live off of (which there is always a chance you won't sell something no matter how good you are).
    2. The interviewer was like that guy off of the Boiler Room. Cutthroat. The guy was totally unprofessional and he told me that if a guy didn't have a sale that month he expects him make calls at lunch and stay late everyday. I guess the guy doesn't have a life outside of work.
    3. The sales manager himself didn't like the people he worked with. I asked him whats one thing he would change and he said the people on his team. Why would I want to work there when you don't like the people on your team now?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Communication was on point. Follow up from the company in regards to phone interview/ in person interview confirmation and information on preparation for interview was on point as well. Didn't wait long for interview and felt as though it was informative and direct.

Interview Questions

• Why did you turn down any job offerings if any before this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process consists of two interviews. It was an average interview, no trick questions or surprises. I talked to two managers, they were very informative about the different sales teams. They were a variety of products to sell. They offered base and commission as far as salary was concerned. The biggest con was that they only pay once a month, actually on the 5th day of the month. They offered no direct deposits, only live checks.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

This interview started very standard and then quickly got tough. A little too tough in my opinion. Some of the questions asked nobody could ever prepare for. Good and bad I guess. The office lobby was clean and friendly. I watched a lot of people coming in and out which gave me a good window into the culture. I went through 2 in person interviews and one over the phone so far. One interview was to "interview" a staff member of my choice. That was very helpful. They do seem a bit unorganized as my interview time was changed 2x and was interrupted by another staff member "needing something quickly".

I would think they COULD wait. Found that a little rude.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question I was asked that I NEVER saw coming was

"why do you feel people go on glass door and write review?"

LOL. Now here I am   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard process. They had a sales manager call for a phone screen and then extended an invite for an in person interview within a week. Was asked to write a sales pitch and met with 2 sales manager/directors to talk through the pitch and basic behavioral type questions.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Phone call which lead to two rounds of in person interviews. The final round of interviews is with the vp of the regional sales division for which one is interviewing for. Overall it was a nice process however, I didn't feel as though it is a fit for everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called by the internal recruiter saying the Director of the Division asked that he call me, we set up a time for the Director to call me for an initial phone screen, had the phone call at a later date, went in for one on one interview, had this small research assignment to do, emailed to get me in for a secondary interview, had 2nd in person interview with a member of senior management, was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

This was my first in-person interview, so it was more of an information session, where the interviewer explained in detail the project cycle and what his daily duties entail. Occasionally the interviewer asked me to basically regurgitate what he just said to assess my understanding of his description. Ended with a very detailed explanation of the pay and advancement process in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

quite old fashioned questions were obviously prepared without a flow just for the sake to be asked .No clear description of a job title itself as well as day to day responsibilities.No clear explanation of salry and renumeration package.