marcus evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

marcus evans Interview Questions

Interviews at marcus evans

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

iniial phone interview is with the domestic sales mgr, Gurneet.

Pretty in depth, she qualifies you for a second 1 on 1 interviews--this one is with another manager that works under Gurneet.

Third interview is with Gurneet and you better sell yourself well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. take it or leave it mentality

Extremely low base.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans.

Interview

3 part process. 3 separate managers interviewed. Asked a bunch of very good humorous quick questions. Offered lunch & cake and happy hour. Interview lasted for about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Had to ask a question to make manager feel awkward?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Fun, light and informative. It was a bit of a shock at first due to the open air office environment. I was expecting at least cubicles, but ultimately it led to better team chemistry. We were all able to feed off of one another. The management team was very professional and had done a fair amount of due diligence on me (as i had on them) before the interview process which i appreciated. After the initial phone screen i met face to face with the hiring manager and some of his associates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you closed a deal with someone who originally told you no   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview is really a sales job selling you on the company and opportunity disguised as an interview. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what you say, as long as you seem somewhat competent, you will get the position.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask tough questions. Mostly about past experience and if I think I can do this job and why/   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate base pay, but heard someone else was able to double it through negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Professional interview setting asking about prior experience. Was also asked what I am looking for in a career and what I wouldn't like in a career. Interviewer was aware of all internet reviews, especially on this site. Was able to effectively challenge each negative statement and made it seem as if the ones who are not good at selling or have bad work ethic do not make it. Just received call back for second interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the pros and cons are of not having computers on every desk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with sales person currently working there. I was then brought in to interview in person and learn more about the company. I was told to study their pitch and come back for another interview with an executive in Europe. I pitched the executive in Europe via skype in their board room. Was called back a few days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• gave my sales pitch and the executive said "no" and I didnt know where to go form there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

phone interview, on site interview, called back again. General questions during first interview. more relative in person questions. Gave an in depth over look of company. Spoke about past experiences

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at marcus evans (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

they are very skilled at reverse selling and getting you to want to work for them. basically after working there i felt anyone can get past the interview because they are looking for bodies to push their model.

Interview Questions

• they describe a hypothetical and then ask you to apply your experience to solve the issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Disorganized and rude. I did the initial phone interview even though the interviewer said at the start she wouldn't discuss salary( a sure sign pay is low). Standard interview questions-I agreed to an in person interview. Checked around before then and talked with someone working there. Base is very low 20's. I have over 10 years sales experience and won't work for that low a base so I emailed to cancel interview and let recruiter know why. She replied with a weird email saying people move around and this affect me in the future. To top it off, another recruiter for this dump contacted me a week later for another position. No thanks!

Interview Questions

marcus evans Response

Mar 26, 2018 – COO

I really regret that this was your experience. We are good people working hard and we have delivered a professional experience and product for 35-years.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at marcus evans (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

I had applied online and got a call back few days later. Had a brief phone interview and afterwards they called me in for a personal interview with the sales manager. After that, they called me in for a second interview with the director of the chicago office. Finally, they did a background check on me.

Interview Questions

• Why qualities do you possess, that will make you a great salesman?   Answer Question

The fit wasn't right.