Market analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for market analyst

Market analyst Interview Questions

2,663

market analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

How would you sell our value prop?

1 Answer

How would you go about doing research on a potential customer?

1 Answer

If the interest rates go down, what happens to the value of a bond?

1 Answer

Do you keep up with markets?

1 Answer

You have 2 buckets...one 3 gallon bucket, one 5 gallon bucket. How do you get 4 gallons of water?

6 Answers

Most difficult question was "What is your biggest weakness in your performance results? Tough to answer without revealing your flaws.

3 Answers

When you are doing a Distance to Fault test (DTF). What do you use at the end to get a length of the cable being used?

3 Answers

An eight gallon container is full and both a three gallon container and a five gallon container are empty. Without using any other containers, divide the water into two equal amounts.

2 Answers

I see that you have "Tuesday and Wednesday" marked not available is their a reason?

110 of 2,663 Interview Questions