Market Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market Manager Interview Questions

4,465

Market manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

How would you sell our value prop?

1 Answer

Everyone asked me if I had a sense of urgency.

1 Answer

Do you know anything about Chartwell Higher Education?

1 Answer

How will you position the current legacy product considering that the next generation product is beginning to be offered.

1 Answer

Describe a situation that was particularly challenging for you and how you overcame it.

1 Answer

Can you tell me how you would manage a new product launch?

1 Answer

Tell me the thought process and planning as well as the execution in the launching a product x or creating a positioning for a product/feature Y.

1 Answer

What kind of tools do you use for social media management?

1 Answer

"if Germans were the tallest people in the world how would you prove it"

50 Answers