Market manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for market manager

Market manager Interview Questions

market manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

How would you sell our value prop?

1 Answer

Most difficult question was "What is your biggest weakness in your performance results? Tough to answer without revealing your flaws.

3 Answers

What is the difference between reason and excuse?

2 Answers

When you are doing a Distance to Fault test (DTF). What do you use at the end to get a length of the cable being used?

Why sell Coke?

What is success to you?

2 Answers

sell me this sun tan lotion here

2 Answers

They asked me: "What was your biggest promo FAIL in which your were directly responsible and how did you remedy it?" The was the toughest question because saying "none" was not allowed. I had to identify my biggest fail and explain step by step how it happened and how it was fixed. If you insist there have been none then, you're not the right fit because they want problem solvers.

110 of 494 Interview Questions